Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirisx View Post
    custom FW 1st and hopefully NEVER a backuploader. those guys know what they are doing and i hope they lock out piracy from their work.

all i want is other OS back on my ps3 and still be able to play online. i can't go online as i am on 3.15.

its a shame egohot won't share his findings and play nice with the other devs.
    What is the point of having Other OS back just to play online? Isn't it better and safer just to not upgrade? Regardless of whether a backup loader, CFW, or homebrew that is released, if you go online with those modifications expect a ban sooner or later.

There is no way around getting detected by sony and having your precious console banned. Other OS is gone and so deal with it. That thing didn't really do any good unless you are a real linux fanatic.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Seems like some good progress...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Iīm glad to see that people are not giving up and are keeping at it. Hopefully little by little some progress can be made.
    Itīs also nice to hear some updates from JaicraB. I wish another "Hacker" would also keep us up to date instead of leaving us in limbo.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was starting to lose hope... I said if there was no updates this week that I was going to try and get another PS3. Looks like I can save some money for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Osirisx View Post
    custom FW 1st and hopefully NEVER a backuploader. those guys know what they are doing and i hope they lock out piracy from their work.

all i want is other OS back on my ps3 and still be able to play online. i can't go online as i am on 3.15.

its a shame egohot won't share his findings and play nice with the other devs.
    I'll be turning my PS3 on again ONLY IF there is a backup loader Suck on that Mr. Anti pirate. I know... what i do with MY ps3 doesn't really matter.. but..

backup loader is a good thing for ppl with legit discs as much as pirates anyway.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by waleed View Post
    screw otheros, it's all about piracy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    I'll be turning my PS3 on again ONLY IF there is a backup loader Suck on that Mr. Anti pirate.
    I was out all day, but yep, agree with you both as well... I never bought into the hypocritical anti-piracy stance myself and never will, nor does CJPC, which is probably a reason we get along so well.

Why people who visit backup/scene sites like this one pretend to be against piracy always makes me smile, but if they can fool themselves and feel better morally I guess more power to them, eh?

Speaking as an Admin though, PS3News.com is in favor of PS3 piracy just as we were for PS2 piracy, PSP piracy, XBox 360 piracy, etc. Sooner or later it is bound to happen on the PlayStation 3, and when it does we'll post all the required loaders, links to scene releases, etc as always... with no pretentious anti-piracy views that folks like GeoHot and Mathieulh (both who are blatently in denial of pirating themselves) preach about.

Anyway, looking forward to JaicraB's next update!

Quote Originally Posted by CodeKiller View Post
    I'm asking again: Is it possible to make a memdumper + hv-exploit to run in a test/debug unit in GameOS mode? Then you (devs) can at least explore the lv2 for further investigation. (or if you kind enough to share...)
    In theory yeah, it would be possible. Placing the exploit may be a bit more difficult, of course, due to issues with permissions and unknown/missing calls.

Arrow

Here is the DemonHades update as well, roughly translated as usual: [Register or Login to view links]
    Long comment in the forum GeoHype VAT no letting go, and as good as call know that baked beans everywhere there are those who still support their hypes and their ways, his was the exploit of the ram .. there is even unclear .. the rest hype.

Well we continue to generate reliable than hype, which continue to be made interesting only by participating in a ps2 loaders testing (and counting) .. but whose argument or interpretation in matters of research leaves much to be desired as they pass .. be speculators vampirism, distorters and manipulators of the highest good is calaņa.

Pero still cling to them ... and as I say .. and you will give you face to face with the reality and the bump will be brutal ... especially when your target takes place .. it is to have a place in a cult and address issues as and when it suits them, deleting or removing your convenience with the approval of other causes and generative Ferdopa this hype imnecesario carrying crude and deceit and providing its claims of invalidity.

Be clear that it will not come from the linux scene, you only have to log the way sony has carried out, eliminating essential in order to manipulate the console "all Shell", when referring to memory shell can do, Backward ps2 BDjava , Linux .. think carefully .. the shell had been withdrawn.

The only possible way is the same for the other platforms have fallen, your reader .. there is the key.

But now back to topic, Jaicrab Chief HadesTeam to information posted on his blog concerning the pup, from which geo information used to generate a new pup to get information, information necessary for us to get to all batteries and we may create a pup with a vshmain debug in retail and so have advantages like being able to unlock the ps2 emulator on ps3, because the emulator is in the U.S. 40GB model, and although we have no 3d acceleration if you have a functional emulator for ps2 emulators and applications.

Possibility to install bypassing the PKG store (someone said betas?), Which as you know betas accessible only beta testers, and users .. betas in their primary states bring bugs ... bugs like this ..

And having functional linux again.

This is one example, there are many more that are unknown and plugging sony to come .. but together they could be brought to light.

You will say as he has done Geohot the pup? Easy .. the pup is just a system data container, such as drivers and updates (service pack), this service pack is calculated and reflected in a header file that acts pupheader, this pupheader has 3 validations:

1. Validacion the header (hmac-sha1 key)

2. Validacion 2 Sections (. Tar files)

3. Validacion 3 PUP

The first validation or procedure is used to identify the hmac key and validates the pupheader and its sections, if this is correct proceed to copy from the hdd instantly pendrive .. instead of reference is the fat32 cache area, the area cache acts as a pandora .. since it has the ability to store various status flags, including auto_update or bootflag.

The auto_update is forcing you to read the cache area that stores the pup ready for replacement, the bootflag is what determines if you start a partition in linux, it is a copy from the flash, linux specifically in the area.

As mentioned above, the key appears in the ram logueada in the region user, is there where Dumping jaicrab the method can be obtained, and the software designed by .. find the key in the dump would be a cinch.

It is a keyfinder, so now is ready for calculation.

jaic_Hmac_sha1_file.zip jaic_Hmac_sha1_file.zip

with this tool if you locate the key, you can calculate the factor and sign the pup back with the contents that you want altered in other versions.

I hope that with this and make it clear how to create a pup ... and really like this one scene ... with information, argumentation and tangible evidence.

Also the comment that we are making great strides BD player .. and we have informed you.

1saludo and thank the entire department and staf Team Hades of DHorg, and you ara marcs ...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Why people who visit backup/scene sites like this one pretend to be against piracy always makes me smile, but if they can fool themselves and feel better morally I guess more power to them, eh?
    So right you are, my brutha. Speaking as a pirate for many years, back in the golden age of piracy in the late 90s and even earlier (C64 BBSs via 240 baud modems rocked), I can tell you now the hypocritical nature of a lot of non-admittal pirates is abhorring and ignorant.

EgoGot and Math are just as big as pirates as we are, yet they won't admit it for fear of some retribution and being tracked on someones radar. Wake up Ego, ya jackass. YOU ALREADY ARE. I guarantee he's at the very least in the top 5 of Sony's most wanted list, and at least top ten of Apple's.

Seeing their hypocriticism, and no offense, but any of you readers who view this, is laughable at least, shameful at worst. You know who you are. Don't lie. Don't pretend. Don't act like a poser. And definitely don't come here to an admitted pirate board and say "Oh I am against piracy! I just want a legal backup loader for my games!" and shake your grubby little fingers at us. You sirs, are freaking liars, each and every one of you that claim you are against piracy.

How many MP3s/DVD rips do you have on your computer right now? Hmm? How many emulators and game ROMs? Ten? More? Then you are as much a bloody scallywag as the rest of us. Any argument that states music or movie downloading isn't the same is invalid and asinine. Get over yourselves. You're as in the closest as Ricky Martin. At least he had the stones to come out finally. Maybe its time you do too.

I apologize for going off tangent and hijacking the thread, but it had to be addressed. If you want clean poser-centric PS3 discussion, I suggest you go visit EgoHot's blog and loiter there. You're in the pirate's den, sonny. Don't let the mizzon mast hit you on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    How many MP3s/DVD rips do you have on your computer right now? Hmm? How many emulators and game ROMs? Ten? More? Then you are as much a bloody scallywag as the rest of us. Any argument that states music or movie downloading isn't the same is invalid and asinine. Get over yourselves. You're as in the closest as Ricky Martin. At least he had the stones to come out finally. Maybe its time you do too.
    LOL indeed. Even before CD's and DVR (which many label as piracy, when people could "support the authors" and buy legal DVD discs of the shows) just about everyone here has recorded a song off the radio on cassette or copied a VHS tape, both of which most corporations consider piracy... so why feel the need to lie about such activities and only promote "homebrew" versus PS3 copies or "backups" hehe

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast