Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DanyL View Post
    And about the "take the ram out" - you don't really need to...

I'll give you example: you run Game os, than you freez the RAM, reboot your PS3 to OtherOs and easly dump the RAM memory.

I don't see any problem, but hey, I'm not dev\hacker so maby I'm wrong.
    the only thing that i could see wrong with that method is you still need some place to run your otheros and thus your frozen ram would be thawed and overwritten as soon as you boot your otheros nullifying the process...

there could be a way to do it without physically swapping the ram but it would require a finely tuned bootstrap, witch sadly i dont think that anyone is prepared to program.

I thought about it... But right now, you keep the RAM data while rebooting to OtherOs by continuing to provide power to the RAM, am I right? And OtherOs still over writes some of the data, right?

so, Instead of continuing to provide power to the RAM, you could just freeze it while rebooting, and after that the RAM will receive the power as usually it does.

I guess you could either freeze the RAM or do the hack to assure continued power supply during the reboot - doesn't make a difference. The real question is if their custom dumper has a small enough memory footprint so that as little RAM as possible is overwritten.

But I still see the problem that you can't really control where the OtherOS RAM is allocated (i.e. at the upper end of physical RAM) since that is done by the HV. Meaning that even if the custom dumper only requires say 16 MiB of RAM these could be located right in the middle of the memory segment used for GameOS before the reboot.

People stilll are working on the 60GB 3 years later? AND there are still 60GB's that haven't died of YLOD?

Quote Originally Posted by Awayze View Post
    People stilll are working on the 60GB 3 years later? AND there are still 60GB's that haven't died of YLOD?
    I'm greatful that people are still choosing to work on the 60GB models, but i suppose they are also the models that have potentially more flaws than newer versions, however i could be wrong on that assumption.

By the way mine's a Jap release day 60GB model and going strong! You only ever hear the negative about older models, which in comparison to the amount of people that actually own a release day 60GB is relatively small.

Quote Originally Posted by Awayze View Post
    Mine got the YLoD 3 times over the past 3 years. Easy fix though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123