Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Its nice to see HadesTeam is making progress as always!

Question

Nice! Does this method now guarantee you a full LV2 dump, or is there still the problem with linux overwriting the bytes?

Woohoo, looking forward to a full LV2 dump!

I'm also glad to see some people still plugging away at this! Hopefully there's a breakthrough soon, but until then, keep up the good work, and thanks for dumping all of this time into opening up this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Raze1988 View Post
    Does this method now guarantee you a full LV2 dump
    As far as I can tell, they are still working on sorting that out... this appears to be just a port of his previous method for those with 60GB PS3 consoles.

I asked the same myself. Could they now dump the lv2? But then the Isolated SPU comes back in my brain. Even if dev΄s now can dump the whole RAM out of the Game OS there is still the isolated SPU running the lv2.

So i recall that the main problem was/is to kick out the isolated spu and then recall lv2 to do a full dump of it. Or find a way to force the isolated spu to dump the lv2.

But we will see what comes out of this and be hopefull that it will be a lv2 dump

To be honest I think the ps3 will never be hacked.

Those dumps in the future maybe.. will be used for a ps3 emulator on the computer or something similar.

But another Question. We lost the ability on Debug Console to dump a decrypted EBOOT.BIN out of the RAM a few FW updates ago.

With this methode we should be able to dump the decrypted EBOOT.BIN from an retail game or not?

Question

Will this work on a 160 GB?

Lightbulb

dumping a decrypted copy of EBOOT.BIN would be nice to those who have access to a debug/test ps3 cause not every game has debug patch .pkg.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast