Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hopefully from this something can be achieved, be it mod chip or custom firmware and hopefully the playback of ps2 games.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very very good news, but every time good news is been heard nothing happens...

Let’s see...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so why has nobody done it before??

Nice work Jaicrab!

Lightbulb

Just a thought but what about using egohot's exploit in conjunction with the blu-ray drive? From wat i understand if you do the exploit you have a lot more control of the information passed between the hardware of the ps3.

Is it possible to run the exploit, load a game and possibly sniff some of the info out that you guys are needing? I mean the the ps3 decrypts all the game info right? or does the blu-ray decrypt the game info?

I havent really done much with my ps3 since the swap switch for ps2 games. But i do get on the sites daily and read up on wats going on. a lot of good ideas floating around on these forums.

Keep up the good work everyone and eventually we will find something. Another question i was wondering is can you have the blu-ray drive hooked up to the ps3 and the pc at the same time?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzag View Post
    Just a thought but what about using egohot's exploit in conjunction with the blu-ray drive? From wat i understand if you do the exploit you have a lot more control of the information passed between the hardware of the ps3.

Is it possible to run the exploit, load a game and possibly sniff some of the info out that you guys are needing? I mean the the ps3 decrypts all the game info right? or does the blu-ray decrypt the game info?

I havent really done much with my ps3 since the swap switch for ps2 games. But i do get on the sites daily and read up on wats going on. a lot of good ideas floating around on these forums.

Keep up the good work everyone and eventually we will find something. Another question i was wondering is can you have the blu-ray drive hooked up to the ps3 and the pc at the same time?
    connect the ffc flex at bd and pc using the same ide colapse the bus data (freeze the ps3),for it me team working at a solution.

Dont is needed geohype xploit (hypervisor) and yes the fw is encripted into spansion flash (mx25 is only a eeprom,no the fw flash store) but for it we work at it for dump the fw decrypted whith others method dont share for moments

1saludo and thx

ok so are you saying that you are trying to decrypt the firmware after it has been dumped in an encrypted form from the blu-ray drive with other methods that you don't care to share at this time or that you are trying to dump the firmware in an unencrypted state with methods ?

I also have a few more questions:

where is the firmware for the blu-ray drive stored? is the board for the drive and the drive itself 1 complete unit or does sony make the board for the drive and another company makes the drive?

I ask because on the 360 drives for example you have the drive itself with the circuit board all as 1 complete unit. On the ps3 they almost feel like 2 seperate parts. i wonder would it be possible for lets say sony to make the circuit board for the drive and have the firmware on the board? and upon being connected to the drive itself the board somehow writes the firmware to the drive?

Does anybody know if the ps3 decrypts the firmware for the blu-ray drive at any point or does that not even matter? is the official firmware for 360 drive encrypted? if so, was the encryption RE or was the 360 used to decrypt it. thanks for the reply demonhades.

doing some reading and noticed this little tidbit of info. can somebody confirm or deny?

The drive logic board and motherboard are tied to each other with a unique crypto-key. Without the right drive board you can't even perform system updates (it will fail around 65% when it tries to flash the drive firmware, and you will be stuck forever). So DO NOT attempt to update the firmware until you have the matching drive board.

if that really is accurate than that means the ps3 upon system updates, erases the blu-ray drive firmware and rewrites it. that would be awesome if the ps3 could do all that. if i had a test or debug unit could one actually test this stuff and rebuild the system firmware update with a modified blu-ray firmware?
    Last edited by pizzag; 08-04-2010 at 11:05 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i highly doubt that even the test/debugs could flash a non sony signed firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrboi View Post
    i highly doubt that even the test/debugs could flash a non sony signed firmware.
    Yeah - your right, they will not allow a non-signed firmware to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzag View Post
    where is the firmware for the blu-ray drive stored? is the board for the drive and the drive itself 1 complete unit or does sony make the board for the drive and another company makes the drive?

I ask because on the 360 drives for example you have the drive itself with the circuit board all as 1 complete unit. On the ps3 they almost feel like 2 seperate parts. i wonder would it be possible for lets say sony to make the circuit board for the drive and have the firmware on the board? and upon being connected to the drive itself the board somehow writes the firmware to the drive?

Does anybody know if the ps3 decrypts the firmware for the blu-ray drive at any point or does that not even matter? is the official firmware for 360 drive encrypted? if so, was the encryption RE or was the 360 used to decrypt it. thanks for the reply demonhades.

doing some reading and noticed this little tidbit of info. can somebody confirm or deny?

The drive logic board and motherboard are tied to each other with a unique crypto-key. Without the right drive board you can't even perform system updates (it will fail around 65% when it tries to flash the drive firmware, and you will be stuck forever). So DO NOT attempt to update the firmware until you have the matching drive board.

if that really is accurate than that means the ps3 upon system updates, erases the blu-ray drive firmware and rewrites it. that would be awesome if the ps3 could do all that. if i had a test or debug unit could one actually test this stuff and rebuild the system firmware update with a modified blu-ray firmware?
    Few quick answers - the BD firmware is on the BD drive, it is decrypted by the logic on the BD Drive.

If I recall, some 360 drive FW's may have been encrypted (don't hold me down on this one though - not a 360 guy!)

The advantage of the 360 drive hacking vs the PS3 is that microsoft used fairly standard designs, while sony went about it a different way - making it themselves.

An interesting note re the drive FW, on a PS3 TOOL, the entire update process is recoverable if it crashes - with the exception of the BD drive flash - so yeah, it probably does as you just stated.

360 dvd fw is encrypted, in the original xbox was not.

if sony can update the drive fw is not possible to get the decrypted vesion of this fw from an update before it gets encrypted with the BD key?

Can't wait to find out what he finds out

OT: Anyone cracked the PARAM.PFD files inside save games yet?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News