Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'll stick with 3.41, it may merge the split files on the fly or similar...

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    For those following, IrisManager v1.1 for PS3 is now available with the following changes:

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote (david.dantoine.org/envio/756/):
    • Added suport for more Big Files (ported from hmanager 1.5)
    • Added preliminary suport for game instalation (GAMEI) on USB (ported from hmanager 1.5)
    • Not working with instalation game up to 4gb (usb-fat32)
    • Added a “no music” option
    • Fixed little bugs.
    • New interface (thx deadroach for help and the mockup)
    • New icons (thx Drizztz) and New font: comfortaa.

Sponsored Links

IrisManager v1.2

Sponsored Links
    Today D_Skywalk has updated his PS3 game backup manager homebrew application to IrisManager v1.2 with changes detailed below including the addition of Drizztz from Gaia as a collaborator.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: IrisManager is a port of HermesManager based on PSLIGHT, Tiny3D, PS3Soundlib and OpenPS3FTP, is a completly legal open code manager made with Homebrew tools.

Changelog English: v1.2 – r57 (commit – 4786f42849ff4110ef07903038c6c696a6a9e204)
    • Game Opt – Support for external EBOOTS activated (see readme).
    • Game Opt – Removed Perms option (We dont need this on 3.55)
    • Game Opt – New option to mark BDVD required games.
    • Interface – Support for left analog stick (thx Drizztz)
    • Interface – Support for change page with L1/R1 (suggested by orma)
    • Interface – Minor font and color changes.
    • Cache Files – Added info of space saved before init the copy.
    • Minor bugs fixed from last 1.1
    • PKG – IrisManager PKG for Geohot/Wutangrza CFW (thx Drizztz)
    • Drizztz joined as collaborator.

IrisManager v1.2 PS3 Game Backup Manager with Drizztz Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I haven't look into this manager before, but I have to say I like the interface. I may have to check it out.

Drizztz Can you add PSP REMOTE PLAY SUPPORT?

I hope that in the next update they add PSP REMOTE PLAY SUPPORT.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    probably copies split files to the internal and merge them there then shadow copies the large file to where it needs to be on the mounted drive.
    If I already have a backup with a big file on an ntfs hdd, is there a pc utility which can produce split files that Iris recognizes or do I have to transfer it back to the internal hdd and let Iris do the copying and splitting to the external FAT32 hdd?

I've no idea if that assumption is correct mouseclicker it was just a guess on how it works.

But first of all you can't play any games from an NTFS drive so they're going to need to be moved for a start, opensplit (pretty sure that's what it is called) can split large files for you so they can be stored on fat32 drives. After you have the split files on a fat32 hdd iris manager will do its thing from there, but I haven't looked at the source as to how it exactly does that.

Thanks for replying, that is actually one thing I was wondering about, if files split with the existing pc utilities are compatible with Iris, or if we need Iris to split them.

I guess I'll have to try it over the weekend and see!

ok please help.. i know I'm a noob but since i don't understand this technology talk... does when i back up my game with this software will i be able to run the game from the xmb or do i have to do some other stuff? plz help.

You have to go into whatever backup manager you use and pick the game from there. Some games will let you launch them from the backup manager and/or without a game disc in the system (it doesn't matter what game disc you use). But in a lot of cases (at least in my experience) this does not work.

So you may have to choose not to "direct boot" which will take you back to the XMB. If done correctly, the game you chose in the manager will now show up instead of the game that is actually in the system. I use Multiman as my backup manager, so there may be some slight differences to what I say, and what you must do. But for them most part I believe that is how a lot of the managers work.

It is also worth stating that some games will not work depending on if you are trying to run them from the PS3's HDD or an external. It all may not make sense at first, but just make sure you take time and read the instructions for whatever manager(s) you use.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News