Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do you have the correct libraries installed? If so, try updating them.

If that doesn't work, try getting an older/newer version of the toolchain. Maybe you have a broken revision.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, the toolchain guide here is missing essential parts:

1) to set up the environment, the only thing you have to do is to run the ps3dev.bat (before it you should open a cmd window and in there call the batch file, so it won't close after you executed!) Then you can do your work in THIS cmd window! (or rerun the bat in a new windows, etc...)

2) there is a readme.txt file in the dir as the bat, which said you should do some setup to work with the toolchain (you have to do these once, but once you SHOULD!)

/during the execution/setup sometimes it looks like as it's frozen, but it's not! you should wait until it's finished!/

If you use the toolchain as in 1) then other environments such as cygwin or mingw won't interfere with it. (the default PATH variable is often overcrumbled; messing with it will result in lot's of nasty side-effect)

If you don't do the 2), then maybe it will work, maybe not because it's not adjusted to your own computer. Example: if the toolchain was set to x86 cpu, and you have x64. Or what if these infos were omitted because you should setup anyways?!

Quote Originally Posted by AnAngryTaco View Post
    Well it looks like he is just trying to make a sample OpenGL. Usually those are all just pre-made source. It should be set up correctly.
    No it shouldn't! If you install a custom package, often it doesn't enough to copy/unpack to a specified place. You need to 'configure', 'make' and 'make install'.

If you try to use softGL, setup the environment (copy/overwrite the corresponding files in 'ps3sdksrc', then configure, make and make install)
    In this way it SHOULD work!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeKiller View Post
    No it shouldn't! If you install a custom package, often it doesn't enough to copy/unpack to a specified place. You need to 'configure', 'make' and 'make install'.

If you try to use softGL, setup the environment (copy/overwrite the corresponding files in 'ps3sdksrc', then configure, make and make install
    In this way it SHOULD work!
    Well, I meant for building that sample.

It is a PS3SDK sample, I don't think he is actually trying to install it, just doing a test.

It's like in PSPSDK, there is the Sample folder with a bunch of apps that just require you to type 'Make' to build as a test. No special configuration needed.

I could be wrong though. I will get the PS3SDK later and see.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAngryTaco View Post
    It is a PS3SDK sample, I don't think he is actually trying to install it, just doing a test.
    The softGL actually an external component/expansion to original/ which you have to install first.
    Trust me, i've done the setup and building before my comment. Without proper installation i've got the same error, but after installation, the bld has been made flawlessly.
    Last edited by CodeKiller; 06-10-2010 at 07:13 PM Reason: added information

You have to copy modified files in ps3sdk and recompile it for use with softgl. I did some changes in the ps3sdk code and that is why it fails to compile. anyway, softgl is not required to perform the exploit. you can use simple printf

See if there's any "#include gl/xx.h" and try making the folder letters capitals. I always had this problem when porting my linux OpenGL applications onto Windows and it would always slip my mind that my library folders were named differently. It was a big pain, I troubleshooted for almost an hour once over folder names, lol.

EDIT: Also try re-arranging some libraries in the makefile. Just fool around with stuff like that. Good luck.

oww, thank you so guys for helping!

I just forgot to install ps3toolchain! So after i did it i just simply get compiled softgl Sample!

But i think i understood why MCLOAD or BLD exploit isnt compiling ,couze its saying about missing libraries!
    like "undefined reference to..."

Where i can get those libraries??

Arrow

tell me the name of those libraries and i'll try to look for you

ok, look at pictures below..
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

7fb682770c5f.jpg   45ac18b15bd9.jpg   97347ef1e18a.jpg   a155f195b2a1.jpg   e924b0739dbc.jpg   f9b1b21e9cdf.jpg  

Lightbulb

Looks like the newlib is either missing or corrupt. This is one of the disadvantage of a precompiled stuffs.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News