Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 238



  1. #1
    Contributor semitope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    605
    Sponsored Links

    Arrow Inter-Dev Relations in the PS3 Scene

    Sponsored Links
    Mathieulh said...
    Yeah sure, like I need to get any kind of infos or put geohot down or whatever you claim and like I would leak/share/provide/distribute a copyrighted dump with the rest of you. Get a grip !

    What I think is happening is that you can't use the readily available exploit to get your own dump and now you are trying to get me leak the one I have, well think again because this isn't happening.

    Now read about the exploit, get your own dump after replicating it, and learn how to use ida. Then talk.
    Thats pretty much what mathieulh said to you guys?
    Last edited by semitope; 01-30-2010 at 03:52 PM

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,377
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    Thats pretty much what mathieulh said to you guys?
    Pretty much, the only thing is he didn't use the "readily available exploit to get his own dump" for the same reason nobody else has over the last week, because it's not worth all the effort just to obtain a dump already in circulation.

    So basically he wants everyone else to use GeoHot's exploit to get their dumps, while the one he got to examine in IDA was handed to him on a silver platter and he didn't have to lift a finger, source materials or do any work to obtain.

  3. #3
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Pretty much, the only thing is he didn't use the "readily available exploit to get his own dump" for the same reason nobody else has over the last week, because it's not worth all the effort just to obtain a dump already in circulation.

    So basically he wants everyone else to use GeoHot's exploit to get their dumps, while the one he got to examine in IDA was handed to him on a silver platter and he didn't have to lift a finger, source materials or do any work to obtain.
    Heh - yeah, he sent me a tiny snippet of the code (tiny!), interesting of course, but he isn't sharing.

    What kills me, in said tiny snippet (as we all know by his tweets), there are flags for Retail -> Debug. We ALL know that when those are reversed, they won't be made public, which is why these dumps really need to get out in the wild, to put pressure on the community to do something with them!

  4. #4
    Contributor Raze1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    221
    Oh wow, so he was the one who said that? I thought he was part of the ps3news dev team

    I think you wrote somewhere, that only 6 people got the dumps from Geohot. If those people are conscious about that, I don't think they'll leak it anytime soon.

  5. #5
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze1988 View Post
    Oh wow, so he was the one who said that? I thought he was part of the ps3news dev team

    I think you wrote somewhere, that only 6 people got the dumps from Geohot. If those people are conscious about that, I don't think they'll leak it anytime soon.
    He was a "Dev" class user here for a little awhile, but now he just bugs/chats occasionally with us via IRC/MSN.

    Mathieulh was actually the one who told me that "6 people" got the HV dump when he did, which was a few days before GeoHot released the exploit itself publically. If I had to guess, the other people who got it are also in his crew, possibly SilverSpring, Adrahil, ooPo, Davee, RichDevX, and Hellcat... but only GeoHot knows for sure.

  6. #6
    Contributor int0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16
    Imho leaking dumps are not safe because they may contain some identification information of your PS3 so I'm pretty sure Sony will ban your system as well.

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    303
    i don't understand why geohot doesn't share the info with CJPC or Boss.

    in my eyes they are more trustfully then mathie....

  8. #8
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,377
    Quote Originally Posted by int0 View Post
    Imho leaking dumps are not safe because they may contain some identification information of your PS3 so I'm pretty sure Sony will ban your system as well.
    Well, Sony obviously knows what their own hypervisor looks like so that is definitely no "secret" to them.

    Whether the dumps were leaked publically or not could identify the PS3 that GeoHot was given to hack sure, but him not being able to use the console online (for example) is a small price to pay for the entire PS3 scene working on furthering the development of his PS3 Hack. Hell, if he'd pass the dumps to us we'd buy him a new PS3 to use online if that was his concern.

    Also, the leak wouldn't necessarily have to be "public" it could just be given to a few Devs from here, DemonHades, and other PS3 sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    i don't understand why geohot doesn't share the info with CJPC or Boss.
    Well it's not just us, as mentioned above there are Devs on several other sites who I'm sure would also like a peek at them.

  9. #9
    Contributor Rob777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    33
    What is wrong with this Mathieulh KNOB. He tells gehot he is wasting his time and won't get anywhere, geohot does succeed, Mathieulh takes the info and claims it as his own hard work telling other to do the same. CJPC just tell geohot he is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing, then he give it to you because that is how it seems with Mathieulh.

    I bet if an end user hack does eventually come out I bet Mathieulh will either claim entire responsibility for hacking the PS3 or no end user hack will ever become available which Mathieulh will claim he said from day 1.

    Way I see it is these dumps obviously have some very useful code and Mathieulh believes he can atually do something with it and wants to be first. He is scared of others, probably smarter reverse engineering and finding holes faster than he can.

    I honestly think CJPC deserves to play with this as well. Surely he has done a lot more for this community than KNOB BOY has.

    I'd happily buy CJPC and geohot new PS3's for this. Wish I could feel the same way for Mathieulh but what has he done for the community.
    Last edited by Rob777; 01-30-2010 at 08:40 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #10
    Contributor Reaper2122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    70
    hmm.. you pose a very interesting argument, wonder what Mathieulh's rebuttal is gonna be.
    Last edited by Reaper2122; 01-30-2010 at 08:48 PM

 

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News