Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A quick question to the devs/boss. Do you think the newer PS3s still being sold on Sony's site would be different than the older ones? (CJPC's version is 2006) If so, would that be much more helpful after a dump?

Was thinking of getting one after I buy all my textbooks for college (T.T) so that maybe I could dump it for you guys. If I can't do it, then I'd be willing to ship it in for you guys to do so. This all depends of course on my financial situation. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to do the dumps after some tutorials from you guys.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xUb3rn00dlEx View Post
    A quick question to the devs/boss. Do you think the newer PS3s still being sold on Sony's site would be different than the older ones? (CJPC's version is 2006) If so, would that be much more helpful after a dump?

Was thinking of getting one after I buy all my textbooks for college (T.T) so that maybe I could dump it for you guys. If I can't do it, then I'd be willing to ship it in for you guys to do so. This all depends of course on my financial situation. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to do the dumps after some tutorials from you guys.
    No, at the moment it seems it is only compatible with older PS3's, and not newer, slim PS3's - your best to just hang on to your money, although we do appreciate the effort!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    just got the ylod ps3, now i'm ready to rock. all i need now is a tut & i'll dump it (after i fix the ylod first). its an 80gb b/c with the 4 usb ports, so it should work.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by imtoodvs View Post
    just got the ylod ps3, now i'm ready to rock. all i need now is a tut & i'll dump it (after i fix the ylod first). its an 80gb b/c with the 4 usb ports, so it should work.
    Good to hear on that, however, just so you know CJPC plans to order the parts tomorrow and then they will take a few days to ship/arrive and (hopefully) by next weekend he should be able to give it a try.

If all goes well (the parts end up working to get the pulse needed to trigger the exploit), he can write a guide based on what he did... although I imagine it will come a few days afterwards.

So basically we're looking at around 1-2 weeks from now before a guide would be ready if he manages to dump the HV successfully.

Are you thinking of building the exploit code into something like SAK? That would make it a lot easier for the people that are happy to solder but linux and compiling is a foreign thing.

So CJPC is waiting for parts, who else is trying this for the website. Geohot has said to the 6 or so devs not to leak so no point trying to get the dump from there.

I will be heading to the lab this afternoon (2 hours or so) to see if there is the parts I need, there most likely will be, and come home to see if there is any point in trying it. More dumps = fun times right? Plus it will be a fun project to take on. I am sure I can set up and attempt the exploit, but would a dev on here mind if I pm'd them if I run into a bit of trouble dumping the HV?

that be great for the community if you did do this or even sending off the tools to CJPC temporarily so he can do the exploit (probably won't be able to do that since its from your lab, but still) i'm sure devs on here would be glad to help you along.. good luck.

Got a 60gb (backward compatibility) ps3 right here already opened up cause of Bluray Laser Lens issues. Got some solder skills so this little job should be no problem. Already fixed a few YLOD PS3s so disassemble the whole thing is done in a few minutes.

Just to prepare myself for the Tutorial thats coming, which Linux Distribution should I install? Thought of YDL because of the special RAM Support etc. but CJPC seems to prefer Ubuntu. Anyway which Distribution did GeoHot use for his Exploit?

Would be great to support the DEV community with an 60gb EU Launch Console System (CECHC04) HV Dump but right now I dont have the extra finances to buy some sort of FPGA board or any other high expensive laboratory stuff.

So I am looking forward for some sort of solution like Mathieulh mentioned
    as for equipment you just need something that sends 25mhz pulses. That would cost about 1USD in any proper electronic shop.
    So if there is any list where you guys notice the willing HV Dump candidates, put me on it @ PS3News

@ CJPC
    hope you can share some hardware details while you are working on that Exploit, so we can order the stuff needed before we get the complete Howto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdiv View Post
    I am sure I can set up and attempt the exploit, but would a dev on here mind if I pm'd them if I run into a bit of trouble dumping the HV?
    I wouldn't worry about that... if you are in the middle of things and get stuck, just post where you are at and they will be able to help you once someone here (CJPC, most likely) goes through the process successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by XSamurai View Post
    Anyway which Distribution did GeoHot use for his Exploit?
    I believe it was Ubuntu also, but I will confirm this and amend this reply later today if it wasn't.

Update: I can confirm GeoHot did indeed use Ubuntu, to quote from his blog:
    Also I've heard about compile issues on Fedora. I did this in Ubuntu.
    Quote Originally Posted by XSamurai View Post
    @ CJPC
    hope you can share some hardware details while you are working on that Exploit, so we can order the stuff needed before we get the complete Howto.
    The issue is, we don't know if it will work yet until he tries it... the last thing we'd want to do is start posting various hardware attempts and have people running out ordering parts only to find out that none of them actually worked.

CJPC should be able to post the Linux details (download link, compiled kernel module, etc) beforehand though.

Arrow

Ubuntu Download Links :

Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)
    [Register or Login to view links]

Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)

Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)

PS3 News 9.04 & 9.10 News Post : http://www.ps3news.com/forums/forums...tml#post261395

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News