Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 238



  1. #51
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerparker View Post
    @CJPC... Q.1 Involving the instruction sets or "FLAGS" that are debug based... is it just better to change a retail into a debug and everything after that is easier? Such as it then in XMB run unsigned code (which we want)
    Well, maybe, maybe not - easier sure, if it was "plug this into your usb drive and reboot", but its not. Not to mention, even with a TEST you are still limited to user mode- which is fine for making games, emu's and apps, but when you want to do "more" with the system, your out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    CJPC is there a way to send this signal to the ps3 without breaking the warrenty and solder the cable on the point of the board?
    No - basically, you need to pop the warranty sticker off (could use a blow dryer / hot air to "save" the sticker if you wanted), pull it off, remove the top, remove the PSU, BD drive and Wifi/BT module (and if applicable card reader). Then pull the screws out of the mobo shielding, pull the mobo, remove the CELL/RSX heatsink retention clip's, which gives you access to said point.

  2. #52
    Senior Member SCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    172
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    other users will be able to dump theirs to give the Devs for comparison purposes.
    That is what I will do for sure

    Lets start cooking

  3. #53
    Contributor Wonderkik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    160
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    CJPC is there a way to send this signal to the ps3 without breaking the warrenty and solder the cable on the point of the board?
    Well, how could you keep a warranty while soldering something to the board?

    And how could you send a pulse without soldering anything? I think it's pretty self-explanatory...

  4. #54
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    does this dump hold your account details? think i will try this if i can get the correct components from maplins when you upload the guide.
    Well, honestly not too sure - we do know every box has its own set of id's (ie PSID etc), however where it is specifically is not known, but it should not be too hard to scrub out if its there!

  5. #55
    Banned User kingeasynow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19
    Stating the obvious but i assume the more dumps you can get from people that decide to give the exploit a whirl the better? Simply for comparing the dumps?

    Also am I right in saying this exploit isn't illegal in itself and as such allowing someone to view a dump from your machine isn't doing any "harm"?
    Last edited by kingeasynow; 01-31-2010 at 03:12 PM

  6. #56
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,734
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeasynow View Post
    i assume the more dumps you can get from people that decide to give the exploit a whirl the better? Simply for comparing the dumps?
    Correct, it simply helps when there is more than one to compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeasynow View Post
    Also am I right in saying this exploit isn't illegal in itself and as such allowing someone to view a dump from your machine isn't doing any "harm"?
    The exploit isn't illegal as it contains no copyright Sony code, however, the resulting HV dumps do so they will likely be distributed discreetly using any of the countless methods available (IRC, Topsites, etc). Remember the scene is all about sharing, only hypocrites worry about "copyrights" when things are so easily distributed anonymously these days.

  7. #57
    Contributor semitope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    605

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkik View Post
    Well, how could you keep a warranty while soldering something to the board?

    And how could you send a pulse without soldering anything? I think it's pretty self-explanatory...
    The pic in the geohot exploit zip file says pokemehere not solder here. I'm not sure you need to solder as all a solder is is a more permanent connection. A temp one could work.

  8. #58
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    The pic in the geohot exploit zip file says pokemehere not solder here. I'm not sure you need to solder as all a solder is is a more permanent connection. A temp one could work.
    In theory - yes, but you will still need to expose the via a bit to actually connect to it, then you could I guess use a tiny pin to wire it up (while holding it) - just seems easier to solder right to it honestly.

    Plus, as long as the sticker is intact, normal Sony repair procedures do not include gutting the entire system (unless absolutely necessary), so it may not even be noticed.

  9. #59
    Registered User daymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs Up

    thanks for your efforts devs.

  10. #60
    Member imtoodvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    276
    i'm in the process of picking up a ylod ps3 80gb, so once i get it open i'll try to dump it. CJPC if you do get the chance to write up a noob friendly tut, you got a dump coming from me, no prob!

 

Sponsored Links
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News