Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If that's really whats happening then it's a shame. I've respect for George Hotz for finding a hardware exploit quite fast and for sharing all his progress and information as much as possible.

But i hate and disrespect Mathieulh for being such a dick. I mean what's the point afaik he did not do anything great up until yet. But he acts like hes someone special. He's just a poser and an idiot. And I wouldn't even use a sofware exploit which he releases. Because i can't stand people like him. Egoistic prick.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i can't understand guys what you are talking about

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Way I see it is these dumps obviously have some very useful code and Mathieulh believes he can atually do something with it and wants to be first.
    That's basically correct, but remember he also states he is "against warez" so whatever he finds will be released via an "M33" type group to keep his charade up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper2122 View Post
    hmm.. you pose a very interesting argument, wonder what Mathieulh's rebuttal is gonna be.
    His response is the same every time, here are a few typical replies from the blog comments:
    Mathieulh said...
    @Temi 1. I only share what I am allowed to share 2. Other devs do have it 3. What makes you think I didn't have it 4. It indeed IS copyrighted, making it illegal to be shared, especially in broad daylight.

Now, you want it, you dump it, there is nothing that requires me to share this dump with anyone. Why don't you complain about Geohot not sharing it to you ? That's the same thing.

Everthing requires to make your own dump is public, I am certainly not helping you obtaining it through means that are not legal.

Now stop whining, this leads nowhere.
    Mathieulh said...
    @Matt B About that, this was a small hack that had to do with hdd cache and bypassing the disc authentication process, backups needed to be obtained from a debug console though since you needed a decrypted dump and no I am not commenting more than that, I don't like piracy, if you want to run your backups you are on the wrong blog, beside this trick (it was much more of a trick than an actual exploit) has been fixed for ages and only worked with a very few games.

I don't even think Alex knows Demonhades or speaks to him. If he does, I don't know about it.
    Mathieulh said...
    @Gökhan A few people have already started reversing the lv1 dump in the hope of finding interesting bits of code (mostly bugs or exploitable code) and get hypervisor through software means without the involvement of hardware.
    So from the above quotes, it's safe to deduce that GeoHot spoonfed the HV dumps to people who #1 are against warez and #2 are reversing anyway but #3 have no plans to share their findings (the reversals).

The one thing I agree with Mathieulh about is that people shouldn't complain to him about it, those who are seeking the same opportunity as was given to Mathieulh and company to examine the dumps (without having to dump the files themselves) should approach GeoHot instead.

So, it is time for CJPC to apply the hack himself and have his own dumps. And better, leak it anonymously so everone can work on it

Banned User
    i wish CJPC and the rest would get the dump... they deserve it...

Quote Originally Posted by SCE View Post
    So, it is time for CJPC to apply the hack himself and have his own dumps. And better, leak it anonymously so everone can work on it
    Well, although that may likely happen if nobody else does it, the issue with that is in doing so Mathieulh and crew will then have both the GeoHot dump and the CJPC dump to compare... and everyone else will only have one.

The first step is to source the correct parts to do it though, since GeoHot (either on purpose, or because he was in a hurry) didn't provide a detailed/itemized parts list and where to purchase them all from. If he would have from the release day, I have a feeling other people would have actually dumped and shared theirs by now, eh?

We will try to work on a more detailed materials list I suppose, as the first step in moving forward for the PS3 scene... versus doing nothing and waiting for the few Mathieulh tweets that surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    What is wrong with this Mathieulh KNOB. He tells gehot he is wasting his time and won't get anywhere, geohot does succeed, Mathieulh takes the info and claims it as his own hard work telling other to do the same. CJPC just tell geohot he is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing, then he give it to you because that is how it seems with Mathieulh.

I bet if an end user hack does eventually come out I bet Mathieulh will either claim entire responsibility for hacking the PS3 or no end user hack will ever become available which Mathieulh will claim he said from day 1.

Way I see it is these dumps obviously have some very useful code and Mathieulh believes he can atually do something with it and wants to be first. He is scared of others, probably smarter reverse engineering and finding holes faster than he can.

I honestly think CJPC deserves to play with this as well. Surely he has done a lot more for this community than KNOB BOY has.

I'd happily buy CJPC and geohot new PS3's for this. Wish I could feel the same way for Mathieulh but what has he done for the community.
    1. I don't want to be the first at releasing anything
    2. I don't give a crap about credits, whoever comes with a hack can feel free to release it as it pleases him, if I was to ever release something I would most likely not even be using my real nick.
    3. There are skilled people, some more skilled than I am now having this dump and working in a group to figure if anything can be done with it.
    4. I am a "KNOB" that achieved things before so you can go STFU unless you actually start doing something on your own.
    5. Yes I was pessimistic about geohot's hack for a lot of reasons and I got few disagreements with it about it, I am still thinking the hack as it is is pointless to the end user and a lot of work is required in order for anything useful to show up.
    6. Oh ! my god ! I am "SCARED OF OTHERS !!! " Holly crap, I must be agoraphobic then... Do you really think I don't know that there are far better reverse engineerers than me in this world, hell, even in this scene ? Some of them even have that dump as we speak, and yes I am more than ready to acknowledge them, seriously I can even claim I am a moron for all I care, because next to some people, I really am (unfortunately for you you are not part of such people though)
    7. Have you ever seen me whoring for credits, asking for donations, or bloging about myself or my achievements all over ? Go get a life, seriously, I can't even count the number of things I helped for and never asked for credits, the people I helped all do remember me though, in fact in most case I ask to be removed from credits, the only thing those do is to act as noob magnets and I can't stand noobs (sorry for them).
    8. Get REAL I don't leak, I wont ever do, I was asked not to share this dump and considering this is copyrighted data to begin with, I am unlikely and very reluctant to do so. People that "deserve" to play with this dump have enough skills to dump it on their own. If people that do have the skills to do it don't because they "lack the time" or whatever it just means that it isn't their priority as we speak and they probably have other things on their hands.
    This hack is public and it isn't like it requires a lot of special kills to get it working, as for equipment you just need something that sends 25mhz pulses. That would cost about 1USD in any proper electronic shop.

Now stop the free complaining, whining and the like because this is leading nowhere.
    Last edited by CJPC; 01-30-2010 at 08:54 PM Reason: Fixed Quote

There are some stuffs I don't understand.

1. What can be done with a HV dump ? Find a hole and do whatever you want ?

2. If geohot has released his exploit, isn't with it a way possible to every ps3 owner dump a ps3 ? He has some more hack he's not sharing ?

3. why matheliuueius (too long nickname to remember) and the other guy are so important for the scene ?
    never heard of them before geohot exploit.

Banned User
    i'm thinking about to get the 40ns send to the ps3 over usb or someother way except putting up the connection to the board =/

i think then i would be able to get the dumps... someone know if this is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by veggav View Post
    There are some stuffs I don't understand.

1. What can be done with a HV dump ? Find a hole and do whatever you want ?

2. If geohot has released his exploit, isn't with it a way possible to every ps3 owner dump a ps3 ? He has some more hack he's not sharing ?

3. why matheliuueius (too long nickname to remember) and the other guy are so important for the scene ?
    never heard of them before geohot exploit.
    This was pretty much covered, but to recap quickly:

1. The HV dump can be reversed, and holes/vulnerabilities can be found that may lead to a PS3 hack that doesn't require any hardware.

2. Correct, the issue is it requires the proper materials, time, and effort... most Devs are too busy to redo what's already been done, and simply want a fair chance like Mathieulh and crew had to obtain the already-dumped files to examine.

3. He was mostly known for being Dark_AleX's mouthpiece, however, Devs also know him as he has SCE DevNet access (access to all of Sony's $DK files) which is something most are envious of, including us!

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News