Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    Thanks a lot!! is it right?
    i edited my exploit.c
    Code:
      }
      install_hypercall();
      printk(KERN_ERR "calling hypercall test got %16.16lx\n", lv1_peek(0x2401FC00000));
      return 0;
    }
    And can i run it on last kernel of YDL6.2?
    And im just completely Soldered it i will upload an a photo!
    And what i need after i get exploited?
    No the exploit work only on kernel < 2.6.27 and tested on 2.6.25-2 (corresponding to 2.6.25 on kernel.org).

Yellow Dog Linux 6.2 use kernel 2.6.29 and it is not compatible and will crash like that:
    Code:
    PRESS THE BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS
    Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0xd000080080001000
    Faulting instruction address: 0xd00000000069c26c
    Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]

Sponsored Links

Exclamation Careful

Sponsored Links
    Guys I'm going to be real honest here. For the ones that are trying it, good luck.

But I want to make this very clear: THIS IS NOT SOMETHING FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE NEW TO ELECTRONICS COMPONENTS.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT AN IC OR PULSE GENERATOR IS, DO NOT BOTHER TRYING OR YOU MAY SCREW UP YOUR PS3.

If you can solder, good then stick with it. But I'm warning you guys that are totally unfamiliar with any of these things.

You can't just pick up on it. Just wait for the day the CFW arrives, or other exploit.

As of now, please, please do NOT attempt this if you don't know what you're doing.

Sorry if I'm rude - I don't want anyone *such as one of my friends* to ruin their PS3 motherboard because of it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Something should be organized.. we're clearly moving offtopic...

Suggesting to merge some newer post in addition with http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...un-109638.html into new topic e.g "How to compile, execute and solder tools in Geohot's exploit" or something.

Think you caught the idea, Boss.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, that's true, I can dissasemble my Ps3 in a few minutes, I soldered a chip on my old Psx, and another one on my wii. Hopefully I was with a friend who knew what he was doing, or else I would have two nice bricks at home ^^

This kind of hardware mod isn't for newbies, and I think might require good soldering and general electronics skills. What we need is more Hv dumps, not more fried Ps3. I won't try it simply because I don't have the skill for it.

However, I'm more of a software guy, so if anything "Softmod only" emerges, I am willing to help, either for test or just general concept.

Best of luck to all of you that are capable of this, we'll have a great debt to you all soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    Suggesting to merge some newer post in addition with http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...un-109638.html into new topic
    Yea, for the time being (until CJPC's parts arrive and he gets it working) we're going to continue the updates in this thread... once he has it sorted out and is successful we'll either move or copy them to their own 'dedicated' guide similar to what titanmkd did HERE.

well its loading and a bit freezing after i type:
    Code:
    sudo ./run.sh
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Last edited by CJPC; 02-03-2010 at 10:52 AM Reason: Attached Image

Question

Can you issue a "ls -l ~/Desktop/exploit" (without the quotes), and paste the results here?

Exclamation

I got it.. it's saying please press the button in the middle of this! But its loading so long!?? Why? And do i need to edit the exploit.c to:

do HV dump
    Do NAND dump?

Please say where and how i have to edit it?

this is it:

is it ok? and CJPC how u did ur FPGA or something? i just don't know will mine work or no please say how you did it?
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Last edited by CJPC; 02-03-2010 at 11:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok, right now you need to stop and plan this out. Basically now you need to figure out some way to send a 40ns pulse - I'm awaiting parts to give it a try, if it works I will make up a nice parts list.

To dump the HV, you are going to need to write some code to either modify the HV, or use the new functions that the exploit added to read the memory, and then write it to a file.

The exploit.c is the source code for the kernel module exploit.ko - which is where most of the magic happens, you can edit the exploit.c to add in your own code to accomplish HV dumping, etc!
    Last edited by CJPC; 02-03-2010 at 11:12 AM

basically i can't dump it at the moment? or they are some functions already wrote in exploit.c? now i'm soldering it to ps3 and going to test it out!

and do i need to cut poke me here? or just i can solder it without cut a bit?

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News