Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That sounds like a great idea, only thing would be finding someone with a 1.10 PS3 who'd be willing to do that for me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2asker View Post
    According to some rumors a couple months ago the 2.0 debug had a downgrade function(thats what I was talking about earlier), does 2.15 have this? If so have you tried to downgrade to 1.80 debug?
    Yes to your first question. Downgrading has been supported since v2.0
    Last edited by Blanketman; 05-18-2008 at 11:32 AM Reason: Made it clear that I was answering Q1

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What if you use the proxy to fake 2.36 for those who are on 2.35, and somehow get the debug fw to install on the hdd then from there you can do the swap.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No it's not possible, it does not "unpack" the firmware since it stops at 60% (checking against your real ps3 fw version).

At least thats how I think it works...

Good news... but i think for big steps you need to install an infectus...
    Last edited by oldschool; 05-18-2008 at 01:36 PM

but i think for big steps you need to install an infectus...
    I've heard that there's a limit to the infectus chip and that every one above a certain firmware cant sail on that ship...

could someone back this up??

What's about HDD filesystem used on this "hybrid" firmware installed? (I mean after formatting hard drive, while already in "hybrid" firmware)

Is it encrypted as in retail firmware? (somewhere on forums i've read, that on PS3 debug stations FAT32 are used, is this correct?)

[I am kinda interested in PS3 filesystem stucture, just examining, comparing HDD's in different states, etc.]
    Last edited by superG; 05-18-2008 at 02:27 PM

I do not know because i always update to the latest fw, but is upgrading firmware from the retail game discs same as usb sticks? If it has less protection way, then a "hybrid" debuged console may be flashed with backed up game with integrated "full debug fw" file.

Quote Originally Posted by residentour View Post
    I do not know because i always update to the latest fw, but is upgrading firmware from the retail game discs same as usb sticks? If it has less protection way, then a "hybrid" debuged console may be flashed with backed up game with integrated "full debug fw" file.
    I really think that the update-mechanism is exactly the same. Take the psp for comparison... The update-files (which are execs with pbp-headers) only come in one form... the update.pbp. The source from where the file comes from does not matter cause the php that gets lauched is a signed executable and not just a firmware-image that gets loaded by some fancy loading mechanism in the xmb. summing up it should not matter if you update from disk or over a network update or anything else.

cheers

Hi,

For downgrading we can use the WIP: Downgrade your PS3 version without previous dumps!, in the post says works to 2.15 perhaps it still working in 2.30 and 2.35.

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News