Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    PS3 Debug consoles can run patched PS3 back-ups via the HDD (among other things) and also they can run PS2 retail games. CJPC would have to reply on whether there is a way to run PS2 back-ups with one... I think I asked him before on those, but don't recall his reply offhand.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Really good find but will wait to see the Dev progress and collaborate if possible.

BTW, month ago i try something weired and got my network LED light on + HDD running even when i shutdown my machine !! i was think HDD corrupt but i figured it out. need to contact CJPC for the details if this seems interested

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So is there a flash on the ps3 where the firmware would install to? or does it just install on the hard drive.. i'm thinkin the ps3 firmware installs differently than the psp.

So if one initially has retail 1.1 f/w or similar then upgrades to a hybrid 1.8 f/w. Can they then updgrade to a full dev 2.15 f/w??

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    PS3 Debug consoles can run patched PS3 back-ups via the HDD (among other things)
    Can a hybrid f/w run backup PS3 games from the HDD??

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wicked insanity View Post
    So if one initially has retail 1.1 f/w or similar then upgrades to a hybrid 1.8 f/w. Can they then updgrade to a full dev 2.15 f/w??

Also,
    Can a hybrid f/w run backup PS3 games from the HDD??
    At the moment, whenever you run the Debug Firmware PUP update on a retail PS3 it only installs it as "pseudo-Debug" versus "full-Debug" (where the options actually function) so although you can revert back to FULL retail PS3 Firmware after doing the "HDD Swap" it's not (yet) possible to get into "full" Debug from a Retail PS3.

To answer your second question: The "pseudo-Debug" (aka "hybrid") can not run PS3 backups as the menu options are present but don't function, you can't run Dev PKG files, etc. Give the other resident PS3 Devs a little time to wake up and examine it, and perhaps we'll all know more.

But does the ps3 debug firmware update like the retail firmware? For example.. If I have a Test Debug Ps3 with firmware (for example) 2.15, when is out the 2.30 version the machine update itself via net or usb key?

If the firmware on the machine would be recognized like a Debug Firmware it could be autoupdate to a full Debug Firmware..

Another question.. The mixed Retail/Debug firmware is probably due to the presence on the machine of part of the retail firmware code.. Is there a possibility to make a totally new firmware flash and not simply an update?

Quote Originally Posted by LgWagon View Post
    But does the ps3 debug firmware update like the retail firmware? For example.. If I have a Test Debug Ps3 with firmware (for example) 2.15, when is out the 2.30 version the machine update itself via net or usb key?

If the firmware on the machine would be recognized like a Debug Firmware it could be autoupdate to a full Debug Firmware..

Another question.. The mixed Retail/Debug firmware is probably due to the presence on the machine of part of the retail firmware code.. Is there a possibility to make a totally new firmware flash and not simply an update?
    did you read the whole thread? >.>

awesome progress guys, keep it up

isnt it possible to change the original and the debug firmware 2.35 to display as 2.36 and allow update every console to it?

yes, as LgWagon said, if we do this and have a pseudo-Debug .. maybe we can upgrade to a full debug firmware automatically.

debug firm

geat news! does this mean we will have to patch all of our backup discs for them to run?

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News