Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcelP102 View Post
    I read that firmware 2.35 is for in-game youtube movies recording so i'm sure debug firmware 2.35 is out there. Now we only have to wait till somebody leak it.
    I happen to be in contact with a few of the previous "leakers" and don't think the wait will be long for the 2.35 Debug Firmware to surface... providing this amounts to something useful beyond just the Debug options appearing in the menu, etc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    I happen to be in contact with a few of the previous "leakers" and don't think the wait will be long for the 2.35 Debug Firmware to surface... providing this amounts to something useful beyond just the Debug options appearing in the menu, etc.
    This comment alone made me register, you are sinister

Sorry for the newbie question but you think this is the final piece to run the tool which was made for the development ps3 firmware which makes backups and boots them?

Ive been reading your posts and all of you seem to be making a lot of progress but this is a milestone in progress right?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question but you think this is the final piece to run the tool which was made for the development ps3 firmware which makes backups and boots them?
    Too early to know, but to speculate briefly: IF it can be sorted how to initialize/activate the PS3 Debug options on the retail console THEN it would mean quite a rapid advancement since anyone who did the "HDD swap" trick could run the things CJPC and the other PS3 Devs post about in the news.

The irony of this is similar to the "PSP 1.50 Swaploit" where someone stumbled across something so stupidly simple (directory naming) it was overlooked, and Sony invested so much effort into PS3 disc checks to prevent people from 'hot-swapping' methods as was done on the PS1/PS2 but they forgot the PS3 HDD, or so it seems.

Nevermind, I can`t because im on 2.35, but damn! this is some cool stuff, so basically its a custom firmware? I done it on psp since 1.5 (homebrew etc) but been updating ps3 because there wasn`t much on hacks yet
    Last edited by PS3overdose; 05-18-2008 at 05:53 AM

Right now it appears to be a pseudo-Debug/Retail PS3 Firmware mixture, as it contains the Debug options but they aren't functional, but it also behaves like Debug Firmware (no Blu-ray movie support, etc) and plays retail PS3 games. So not like a completely new "PS3 CFW" but more like a hybrid I guess.

this is the first ever serious step towards unlocking the ps3
    thumbs up for ps3news! you guys were always a step ahead of the rest!

Let's hope the resident PS3 Devs can "kick it up a notch" now that XVISTAMAN2005 gave them yet another new path to follow... most are sleeping, but when they awake to the logs of the rest it will be interesting to see what develops.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    Right now it appears to be a pseudo-Debug/Retail PS3 Firmware mixture, as it contains the Debug options but they aren't functional, but it also behaves like Debug Firmware (no Blu-ray movie support, etc) and plays retail PS3 games. So not like a completely new "PS3 CFW" but more like a hybrid I guess.
    can we upgrade from a mixed debug/retail version to a full version?
    or could it be that it is still a retail version but with debug xml configurations thus the extra options?

The PS3 Dev who has been tinkering with it thus far has been able to update from Retail Debug (well, pseudo-Debug) to Retail (full) again, and since reformatting his HDD thereafter he said all appears normal.

He isn't one of the guys working on the XML stuff, but that could be possible although losing BD movie support when in Debug is indicative of the opposite.

Yes!!... finally a step closer.... I just hope most functions will get unlocked soon...
    but is playing ps3 back ups already funtioning?? and is it also possible play ps2 back ups??

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News