Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my 80 gb system has debug fw 1.80 i just upgraded to 1.81 no problems.. my bd moives play again so this does not seem to damage the system, but people should use at ther own risk! i will install infectus on my 80gb so i can downgrade and leave my 40gb system with 2.15 on it to do futher testing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by XVISTAMAN2005 View Post
    my 80 gb system has debug fw 1.80 i just upgraded to 1.81 no problems.. my bd moives play again so this does not seem to damage the system, but people should use at ther own risk!
    The resident PS3 Dev also can confirm that he was able to update to retail Firmware again, although he said he no longer has the Search for Media Servers options under Music and Video that should be there.

Update: Upon further experimentation, he has now found that if you put the original HDD back in the PS3 and reformat it, your streaming options will come back again- nice indeed!

We're not sure if anything else is missing yet, but it's interesting indeed and will be explored a lot more I'm sure. Another PS3 Dev (who has an Infectus installed) plans to try a retail PS3 Firmware downgrade using this "HDD swap" method, however, he doesn't advise anyone without an Infectus trying it as there is always the chance it will allow it (as it does the Debug FW) but brick the PS3 console in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by SniprSnake View Post
    So you PS3News DEVS can confirm that installing the debug FW works?
    That is what is stated above, however, you are now banned as the resident PS3 Devs do not appreciate lamers who take the work from here (in this case XVISTAMAN2005 from this very thread) and post it as your own elsewhere on the Internet without proper credits.

You should know better than that... this is why most of the apps and progress made is kept internal among the PS3 Devs, and they only post screenshots in the news updates.
    Last edited by PS3 News; 05-18-2008 at 02:38 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can someone please remind me, and others what the benefits are having DEV firmware? sorry but I didn't really read much on it before, only the fact u couldn't install it on a retail ps3 yet (but having more details in this news about it should be relevent).
    Last edited by PS3overdose; 05-18-2008 at 03:59 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ya, it's been posted all over the news... check the right margin under the "PS3 Dev" block. In short, PS3 Debug "DEV" Firmware allows you to run unsigned code (homebrew), PS3 backups, etc.

Great work, I'm now on FW 2.30 but when this method is working for that firmware I could make a movie and put it on youtube.

That would require the 2.35 (or newer, for PS3 Devs) Debug PS3 Firmware PUP update file... which unfortunately isn't publically available/leaked at this time for those wondering.

Awesome work, XVISTAMAN2005! This might persuade me to get an Infectus chip so I can start dabbling... or maybe devs will make it so I don't have to before then.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCore View Post
    This might persuade me to get an Infectus chip so I can start dabbling... or maybe devs will make it so I don't have to before then.
    Probably the case, as their plans also include dumping the Debug and Retail Firmware on the same PS3 console to compare the IDL changes, etc. Should be interesting indeed, perhaps patches can even be made!

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    That would require the 2.35 (or newer, for PS3 Devs) Debug PS3 Firmware PUP update file... which unfortunately isn't publically available/leaked at this time for those wondering.
    I read that firmware 2.35 is for in-game youtube movies recording so i'm sure debug firmware 2.35 is out there. Now we only have to wait till somebody leak it.

This remeber me when ps3news still was ps2 and we only could downgrade 2.00 psp firmware and not the higher firmwares

Nice one XVISTAMAN2005,

mmm... i was just wondering if the functions that are not activated have something to do with the xmls DEVS found. I think theres something that tells the firmware what to do, and what not. If that can be found and changed, Voila

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News