Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow this is great progress! finally we are getting somewhere with this hacking scene.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another useless feature.

Sponsored Links

hdd problem

Sponsored Links
    Now for everyone with hdd problems , you can do a copy of the whole hdd and make it working.
    I used the following procedures i have two hdd 60GB and 40GB :

I made a full format of the 40GB hdd and then i used the dd_rescue utility to recover the 40GB image on the 60GB hdd now i have a perfect copy , and it works of course.

Hope it helps everyone with different hdd . The procedure takes a lot of course.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    Very nice to know- THANKS for the confirmation ggparallel!

After reading the whole thread I came to this conclusion: For all of us with the latest retail fw installed on the machines and without the infectus modchip, the only hope is the latest debug fw to be leaked. And getting an infectus will be crucial from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by mukumuku View Post
    After reading the whole thread I came to this conclusion: For all of us with the latest retail fw installed on the machines and without the infectus modchip, the only hope is the latest debug fw to be leaked. And getting an infectus will be crucial from now on.
    pretty much, unless they find another way to downgrade.

Has anyone tried using the downgrade function in debug firmware 2.15? Or is it non-existant or non-working?

even if the latest debug firmware gets leaked its still gonna be a problem because the infectus chip doesnt support 2.30 or higher.. maybe not even 2.20 so were out of options...

very interesting

with just swapping HDD, we can transform a PS3 retail to debug, very good

now, if the system keep like that and someone found a way to reverse firmware to create a custom firmware, it could be a good way to run all we want

Quote Originally Posted by OOKAMIDJ View Post
    now, if the system keep like that and someone found a way to reverse firmware to create a custom firmware, it could be a good way to run all we want
    when it is fully functional i dont think we need custom firmware because it will run unsigned code..

I think there won't be a custom firmware like young blade said. And if they do make a cfw it will take a long time because there are a lot of files on the ps3 that needs to be modified.

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News