Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb an idea for game backup

Sponsored Links
    with full games now being sold on psn i was wondering if someone would be able to download the inFamous game off psn then change it from .pkg to an iso image which could be burned to a disc and played on the ps3. maybe it's one for the ps3news dev team to figure out. It could then be posted on the psn links page for everyone without having to buy the game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This has been discussed many times, unfortunately you can not just change it from a PKG -> ISO, or back.

Namely, PKG files are quite encrypted, as are files inside of it. You could decrypt all of the files, but then it would only work on a development box... at least for now!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That is an interesting idea though.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    This has been discussed many times, unfortunately you can not just change it from a PKG -> ISO, or back.

Namely, PKG files are quite encrypted, as are files inside of it. You could decrypt all of the files, but then it would only work on a development box... at least for now!
    100% correct ... but what about what egohot said about once you control metldr.self you can decrypt games mean run them without the exploit again...

Well if someone figured out what he won't release couldn't one use metldr to patch the hypervisor to not watch the bluray drive which it does for security thus boot backups etc decrypt games...

Just an idea, i think this why they killed other os the answer is probably that simple...

Lightbulb

pkg files can be opened with 7zip and PowerISO can create the image which could then be burned to disc

Quote Originally Posted by MCPADDINGTON View Post
    pkg files can be opened with 7zip....
    This is impossible and would even be illegal for them to support pkg files. MAYBE! development pkg's, but i highly doubt that as well.

its not illegal for it to support .pkg files as that type of file is common on a mac

Mate, as CJPC said, the pkg files that the ps3 use are encrypted, which means that even if 7z could open ps3 pkg files, you would still need the encryption key. No can do...

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post

hi cjpc sorry for my noob question, but, if we are able to decrypt all of those files, how is that possible that we are not able to decrypt in the same way they were before?

I have decrypt this pkg for see how the 60 minute trial work, but for your question to burn it on a disc, it impossible the eboot.bin is a npdrm, then is only for run from ps3 only, I have try to change some path without succeed!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News