Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Did anyone actually read the patent? Did anyone actually read my code?

They have nothing to do with each other at all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pop1234 View Post
    sony are idiots and ibm too
    How so buddy? Don't you use anti-viruses/ firewalls/ internet security packages? I was under the impression that it was logic.

A develops wall against B.
    For years, B cannot climb over wall.
    B finally starts climbing wall.
    A builds smooth wall with moat behind original wall.
    B is stumped.

This is very interesting news. Boss would you care to shed light on whether it is possible to enable this SW/ FW wise or would HW be necessary? The timing is pretty coincidental, but no clarification given yet.

Also to those who think IBM are idiots, IBM is a HUGE sponsor of the Linux OS, which is necessary for anything to be accomplished on the PS3 so far.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by geohot View Post
    Did anyone actually read the patent? Did anyone actually read my code?

They have nothing to do with each other at all.
    Here's an off-topic question for you while you're here GeoHot, just curious...

Is it true that "someone" (name removed by request) explained to you how the whole system worked, loading metldr and iso spu, and then the other loaders can decrypt anything... and you parroted it as "my theories were correct about iso spus doing the crypto" on your blog?

That is what's going around IRC today, any truth to it by chance?

Umm, the iso SPUs doing the crypto is common knowledge. It's true the purpose of metldr was explained to me, but whats your point? Now actually making them do it... well thats a different story. Good luck
    Last edited by geohot; 02-16-2010 at 01:28 AM

HEHE.. that person read your blog and was like "I told him that!"

I'll give you the easiest one: metldr loads lv2ldr which decrypts lv2_kernel.self

Now, go do it. Chop chop. You'll find knowing that really doesn't help you much. The whole point of the blog post wasn't the theory, it was that I had actually done it.

For example, theres probably a black hole at the center of the galaxy. It's a widely accepted theory, no clue who came up with it, but some still don't believe it. Now if you were writing a blog post saying you'd been there and seen it...

Ok, I'm done feeding the trolls. Honestly whats up with this whole post, desperate for news?
    Last edited by geohot; 02-16-2010 at 01:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by geohot View Post
    I'll give you the easiest one: metldr loads lv2ldr which decrypts lv2_kernel.self

Now, go do it. Chop chop. You'll find knowing that really doesn't help you much. The whole point of the blog post wasn't the theory, it was that I had actually done it.

For example, theres probably a black hole at the center of the galaxy. It's a widely accepted theory, no clue who came up with it, but some still don't believe it. Now if you were writing a blog post saying you'd been there and seen it...

Ok, I'm done feeding the trolls. Honestly whats up with this whole post, desperate for news?
    Well, not being a "Dev" myself I had to ask one of the Devs here who replied with "that's hellova obvious" that lv2ldr loads lv2_kernel.self

Contrary to popular belief, most people here would like to read about what's left out of your blog... the stuff you intentionally? tend to leave as "an exercise to the reader" which basically translates to other Devs (and the scene, minus the elite group of "30 Devs" Mathieulh has proclaimed here: lan.st/showpost.php?p=16190&postcount=4) as "I'm not sharing."

As for the news post, it was made by SKFU and posted here by a user but I admit I personally did find it coincidental. The "desperate for news" post will be the one where we report on that the guy from your blog who leaked the HV dump today ripping on us but using our code to do it I suppose.

Wink

No fighting people lol

Quote Originally Posted by njenge View Post
    No fighting people lol
    Nah, nobody is fighting here... to quote from GeoHot's own blog comment:
    geohot 11 hours ago in reply to xitachix

Why the hell would I care about playing iso files? I don't even play games on my PS3.
    Similar to GeoHot, most of the Devs (and many users) here aren't interested in playing games on the PS3 either. Hard to believe, eh? I don't play them, CJPC doesn't play them, etc.

We're all seeking to learn as much as we can from GeoHot and everyone else who examines the HV dumps and is willing to share their findings with others in the scene.

Question

If the the encrypt to encrypt thng is true then why not just use one of the apps on the ps3 to execute unsigned code?

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News