Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb HP-UX & SPP-UX Hypervisor / Supervisor PS3

Sponsored Links
    I periodically check demonhades forum and wanted to share their founds here.

I am not quoting the stuff but know that all the credit below this line belongs to demonhades:

Hello friends, I am investigating the dump and I keep seeing interesting things.

For fans of our work, our way of learning that is PS3, safety and ways of working that will like.

Studying the dump of the ram chain saw text which referred to UX ...

/ src / UX / file_system / lv1_storage / fat_fs / fat_fs.cc
    / src/UX/utils/ELF64.cc

I said well where I can be part of the hyper, but I call attention the bold, clear internet search I came across this UX.

HP-UX

HP-UX version of Unix is developed and maintained by Hewlett-Packard since 1983, typically runs on HP PA RISC processors in their latest versions on Intel Itanium (64-bit Intel architecture) despite being largely based on System V BSD incorporates important features.
    There are many installations of older systems, especially HP-UX 10.x or even 9.x. HP-UX is, like most commercial Unices, a flexible work environment, powerful and stable, which supports a range of applications ranging from simple text editors to complicated graphics programs and scientific computing systems through industrial control, including real-time schedules.
    In recent years, Hewlett-Packard, like many other manufacturers appear to have been concerned enough about security in general and in particular for protection systems for their systems, proof of this is the range products developed within this domain for HP-UX, as the intrusion detection system IDS/9000 for HP-UX 11.x machines running on HP-9000 or the Security Patch Check utility, similar to Sun Microsystems PatchDiag.
    Also is important to note the great improvements in system security concerns between HP-UX 9.x, HP-UX 10.x and HP-UX especially 11.x.

Ummm ... I said interesting, but believed that IBM and HP did not get along very well, even so I kept searching and finding things how are you.

"IBM and HP have bitterly argue about this for a long time," he said. "HP has some credibility, in that you do get stronger with nPars isolation than with IBM's dynamic LPARs."
    HP-UX 11i addresses one of the major knocks against nPars: that is, they were not flexible. Previously, to add resources like CPU, memory and I / O to an nTo, you would have had to shut down not only that but also other partitions partition using these resources. With HP's announcement, nPars have become more limber.
    NPars are only one type of partitioning available on HP-UX. The first, vPars, relies on hypervisor firmware to create logical partitions. With nPars, each partition is electrically isolated. As Iams says, "the circuitry itself is separate for each of the partitions."
    Previously, with HP's hardware-partitioning capability, called nPars, or nPartitions, you could add or subtract resources only by shutting down the partition, Which search resulted in downtime for mission-critical Unix applications. With this upgrade, users can now adjust resources for nPars on the fly. The capability works for Itanium-based HP BladeSystem Integrity and PA-RISC-based HP 9000 servers running HP-UX.

HP-UX 11i nPartitions are certified safe and meeting the security requirements of the Common Criteria. The benefit is a third-party evaluation of protections against an approved protection profile. nTo is a safe method of partitioning Assuring that an application is isolated within an nTo.
    nPartitions HP provide:

* Electrical hardware and security isolation
    * Cell granularity
    * No overheads
    * Flexibility of resources

Each nPartition hosts its own operating system instance, applications and users.
    This type of virtualisation technology enables you to:

* Increase server utilization (by utilizing unused cells in a server)
    * Isolate operating environments
    * Improve system availability
    * Consolidate enterprise-class servers
    * Improve cost of ownership

consolidation The key to many is the availability Efforts of the applications. By Providing hardware for electrical isolation and security, nPartitions applications can be combined onto a single system.

Well, apart , he found a long list with all the features of HP-UX .... [Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Thanks for sharing this here SCE and +Rep... I saw this the other day and was thinking of posting it but bailed since the Google translation didn't help much.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Uhm - no. There sure as hell is no HP-UX running on the PS3. UX most probably just refers to Unix since the HV (and GameOS) is based on some sort of Unix (if I'd have to guess I'd go with BSD because of the corporate-friendly licensing model).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    english please?

i tried making sense of this, but couldnt really see how it relates to the ps3.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by sapperlott View Post
    Uhm - no. There sure as hell is no HP-UX running on the PS3. UX most probably just refers to Unix since the HV (and GameOS) is based on some sort of Unix (if I'd have to guess I'd go with BSD because of the corporate-friendly licensing model).
    sapperlot arguments you "no".

-First,works at sony?In your dreams...

-Second,u are developer of the hiper or super?dont know arguments..i dude work in the supermarket...

And last,find me reference at source kernel using lv1,at releases unix ok?
    U Dont study nothing,and u believe teacher

Talk for talk true,but nothig arguments...i read your post,and dont help nothing only critical studys,learn and later arguments

yes u dont know(the more logic)...dont talk,is more easy

1saludo
    Last edited by DemonHades; 03-14-2010 at 10:51 AM

Demonhades, did you wrote that in spanish and translated it with google?

basicly, all unices share the same code base (bsd 4.4) so there is no wonder some filenames are equal.

You want arguments? Funny request given the fact that the only thing that backs up your thesis are the "UX" strings in the HV dump but anyway - here we go...

For starters if you know just a little about big corporations like HP (or IBM for that matter) you'd know that they would never ever give out their flagship Unices in source form for other companies to play with. And even if they did, the memory dump would be littered with HP copyright strings. Did you find any? Me neither.

Secondly, HP-UX isn't exactly the OS of choice for embedded systems requiring a small resource footprint. The HV has to work with as little as 16 MB of RAM.

And since when was HP a big supporter of the POWER / PowerPC platform? The supported platforms for HP-UX are PA-RISC and IA-64 (yes, you can look that one up on Wikipedia).

So now I'm looking forward to reading your arguments apart from the strings in the HV dump.

sure not hpux

This thing is sure not HPUX, just the kernel structures of hpux makes it extremly uncompatable with the ps3. (been working with HPUX since 2001, working with a beast is the closest tought i have). But it might also be AIX based since its completly owned by IBM, and is called AIX-UX by some.

--thirdq

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by sapperlott View Post
    You want arguments? Funny request given the fact that the only thing that backs up your thesis are the "UX" strings in the HV dump but anyway - here we go...

For starters if you know just a little about big corporations like HP (or IBM for that matter) you'd know that they would never ever give out their flagship Unices in source form for other companies to play with. And even if they did, the memory dump would be littered with HP copyright strings. Did you find any? Me neither.

Secondly, HP-UX isn't exactly the OS of choice for embedded systems requiring a small resource footprint. The HV has to work with as little as 16 MB of RAM.

And since when was HP a big supporter of the POWER / PowerPC platform? The supported platforms for HP-UX are PA-RISC and IA-64 (yes, you can look that one up on Wikipedia).

So now I'm looking forward to reading your arguments apart from the strings in the HV dump.
    Well,well u need more time for respond You only read a part study or full study?

First,HP-UX work at Bladesystems(CELL)=PS3.
    Second,the kernel is a microkernel dont need full OS(kernel work whith modules prx how psp and frontend called xmb) is how ubuntu u can work whith 300MB base,dont need all

y copy and paste from my forum:

SPP-UX - is a scalable implementation of Unix, designed to run on the Exemplar line of PA-RISC based scalable parallel processing (SPP) systems. SPP-UX is a new generation of distributed operating system, part of HP's software growth path towards the eventual goal of teraFLOPS performance. With its distributed architecture, SPP-UX is designed to manage an entire pool of PA-RISC processors working together as an integrated unit.

default.spp

Opciones de fabrica por defecto,para restablecer los ajustes de fabrica.

spp_verifier.self

Tanto la arquitectura de la PPE como las de las SPE son de tipo RISC>ppe and spe are RISC

[Register or Login to view links] <----Read
    http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/PA-RISC<----PA-RISC is based from RISC

And for finish,yes i read that string (UX lv1,but u dont response) i wait u

1saludo and u winner in you zone for my bad english explication but i wait u arguments for lv1 into string UX.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News