Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by warpjavier View Post
    Here is the code and the error:
    At a quick glance (can't give it a test atm) - try using a full titleid, as in NPEA00001 or something for your folder name.

Also, you could probably also use cellHddGameCheck() to make the directory if mkdir is giving issues - Sony even provided a nice sample for it in the SDK (sysutil/hddgame)!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    At a quick glance (can't give it a test atm) - try using a full titleid, as in NPEA00001 or something for your folder name.

Also, you could probably also use cellHddGameCheck() to make the directory if mkdir is giving issues - Sony even provided a nice sample for it in the SDK (sysutil/hddgame)!
    Nice, I will check it out!
    I sent you an email and message, did you get them?

Ok, I test everything and I cannot get to create a folder in /dev_hdd0/game, not even with the samples in sysutil/hddgame

Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by warpjavier; 04-20-2010 at 02:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You need to use the game data utility API to create these directories, take a look at the sample that demonstrates cellGameDataCheckCreate2(). Actually, the API for that function is a real dog as you need to have 2 threads and the graphics system initialised, so you probably want to look for cellGameCreateGameData() instead although I think this is SDK 2.50 and above only.

If you don't have the SDK docs, the simplest method is to create a package file containing just a single file and install this via the XMB. This will create the directory for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    You need to use the game data utility API to create these directories, take a look at the sample that demonstrates cellGameDataCheckCreate2(). Actually, the API for that function is a real dog as you need to have 2 threads and the graphics system initialised, so you probably want to look for cellGameCreateGameData() instead although I think this is SDK 2.50 and above only.

If you don't have the SDK docs, the simplest method is to create a package file containing just a single file and install this via the XMB. This will create the directory for you.
    I got it running, I created a folder, now I have to figure out how to delete the folder via code.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News