Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

How to Get Call of Duty: Black Ops Working with PS3 JailBreak

Sponsored Links
    Below is a guide I wrote on PSX-Scene (linked above) and here on PS3News how to get Call of Duty: Black Ops working with PS3 JailBreak on PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.41.

Today a copy of Black Ops arrived "in the usual places" and it required 3.50 to play.

JonahUK pointed out that when the EBOOT.BIN was viewed with a hex editor it showed it was compiled with the 3.40 SDK meaning it was debug update time!!!

I extracted the EBOOT.BIN file and PRAM.SFO from the 1.02 debug update modified them and made a pack here: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Here is a tutorial to get the game working:

(make sure you backup all your files first in case you do something wrong)

Step 1: Download the files and go to where you put your game and edit your pram.sfo to say 3.40 with PS3SFOEdit.

EXAMPLE OF WHERE YOU MAY HAVE PUT YOUR GAME:

dev_HDD0/GAME/LAUN12345/BLxxxxx/PS3_GAME/HERE!

or

USB:/GAMEZ/BLxxxxx/PS3_GAME/HERE

Step 2: Update the game to 1.02 using the retail update for your region.

Title ID - BLUS30591: [Register or Login to view links]

Title ID - BLES01035: [Register or Login to view links]

Title ID - BLES01032: [Register or Login to view links]

Title ID - BLES01033: [Register or Login to view links]

Title ID - BLES01031: [Register or Login to view links]

Title ID - BLES01034: [Register or Login to view links]

Step 3: After your update has finished, open comgenie or ftp and go to:

dev_hdd0/GAME/"Blackops"/PS3_GAME and put the eboot in the pack here

To clarify, in other words: dev_hdd0/GAME/"Blackops"(BLxxxxx)/USRDIR and put the eboot in the pack here

Step 4: Go to dev_hdd0/GAME/"Blackops"/PS3_GAME/USRDIR

Now if you have the BLES01032 version just use the SFO.PRAM file inc in my pack and place it in that directory overwriting the old one.

If you have another version of the game use PS3SFOEdit to edit your sfo to say 3.40 in advanced edit. SAVE IT then replace it.

To clarify, in other words: go to dev_hdd0/GAME/"Blackops"(BLxxxxxx)/ and copy the sfo.pram file to your pc.

To edit the sfo file use the sfoeditor i've inc in my pack click load and choose your PRAM.SFO file.

Click Advanced Edit where it says 3.5000 change this to say 3.4000 and press ok. press save and save it to the desktop or somewhere you will be able to see it easy. now either put it on a usb drive and copy it back with comgenie or ftp it back to the folder it came from.

Step 5: Double check everything, Then play.

The next part comes from hunter128 from here and seems to only apply if you have run the game previously and been prompted to update.

After you install the pkg launch a FTP server and go to /dev_hdd0/mms/db/ and search a file called metadata_db_hdd open it in a hex editor and search 3.50, and change to 3.41

REBOOT OR YOU WILL GET EITHER A ERROR OR BLACK SCREEN.

Big thanks to teh reaper for testing this and confirming it working on external and internal HDD.

Also it seems that multiplayer freezes at the moment, but campaign and zombies works fine!

Update: To get MP working you can try This Method by [Register or Login to view links] or use This Alternate Method by MexN00B.

This is the way that works atm I'm sure there will probably be a simpler way soon.

How to Get Call of Duty: Black Ops Working with PS3 JailBreak

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    quick.. what's the scene release name? *cough*

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is no scene release out yet, just p2p or private rips. With language Spain and Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    quick.. what's the scene release name? *cough*
    Call.of.Duty.Black.Ops.PS3.EUR

We should wait for a Scene rip, which will be comes out today, before you loading Gigs of crap.

ha i worked it out, but cheers

and bah, any confirmation on language change abilities or similar?

wrar

lol and yeah i'm happy to wait for a proper release - hell, i could have just bought it

Thumbs Up

worked for me, i'm happy!

nice work... keep it up..

Banned User
    Nice. Lets hope it works for a few more games coming out shortly.

bring on assassins creed and nfs hot pursuit

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News