Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, i am in the same boat as TomiTom I have the BLES-01031 version and done all the steps right and just get a black screen when trying to load the game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaxX15 View Post
    So now i edited metadata_db_hdd and replaced it but i still get the same message.
    Don't use the sfo from the pack, use PS3SFOEDIT to change the param.sfo in the hdd_0/game/BLES01033. the sfo in the pack is for BLES01032.

If i were you i would change everything back to original and do all the steps again' but this time edit the param yourself and don't use the one from the pack. BLES01031 workin great for me off internal HDD

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the sfo for 1033 is in the package as well.. there are edited sfos for every version.

I was having trouble too, but found my problem was that i was replacing the eboot.bin in the wrong spot and not editing the 2nd param. make sure you follow the instructions to the T.

Can you tell me your steps exactly ? Did you replace the EBOOT.BIN file with the one from the link in the TUT ? Just in quick what were your steps. Because I have the same version and doesn't work.

And do you have PL3 or Hermes 4b ?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaxX15 View Post
    the sfo for 1033 is in the package as well.. there are edited sfos for every version.
    well the pack i d/led from the front page only had one sfo, so i edited my own. not very hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TomiTom View Post
    Can you tell me your steps exactly ? Did you replace the EBOOT.BIN file with the one from the link in the TUT ? Just in quick what were your steps. Because I have the same version and doesn't work.

And do you have PL3 or Hermes 4b ?
    I'm using hermes v4b.

step 1: uploaded game via ftp
    step 2: changed param in the GAMEZ folder to 3.4
    step 3: installed update for corresponding version, very important you use the correct one, it will match your BLESXXXXX
    step 4: opened ftp app and replaced the eboot.bin with one provided in the pack in the hdd_o/game/BLESXXXXX/USRDIR
    step 5: edited param.sfo in hdd_0/game/BLESXXXXX to 3.4
    step 6: edited the metadata_db_hdd with hexedit from 3.5 to 3.4 (use search option in hexedit to find string and repalced metadata with edited one
    step 7: turn off console, reboot in jailbreak, run gaia (om should work too) no patches and game launched perfectly

Good luck
    Last edited by caleb4god; 11-09-2010 at 06:21 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for your steps that is exactly what I did... But I noticed you mentioned the steps param file twice, are there two different files ?

Because I find only one param file and it is in ps3_game directory of Black Ops game.

that's where i was screwin up too. there are two param files, one in the update folder in hdd_o/game/BLES01031 or whatever it is. thats also where the eboot goes, not in the folder where you have the iso for black ops. thats what i was doing first as well.
    Last edited by caleb4god; 11-09-2010 at 06:29 PM

The problem is I don't see any other folder than PS3_GAME folder.. There is no Update folder.

And do you mean EBOOT goes there or param file in update folder must be edited ? Because you mentioned first 2 param files, then you said EBOOt goes in update folder.

But the TUT says EBOOT under PS3-GAME folder ?!

when you go into your ftp into hdd_0/ there is a folder called game, in that folder is prolly your folder for ur isos OMN45765 OR LAUN12345 or what have you. in those folders is a folder for ur isos (GAMEZ or whatver u have it named), in that same directory that has OMAN46576 or LAUN12345 you will also see a folder called BLES01031 if you have applied the update for black ops.

in that folder is a param you also need to edit. the eboot also goes in there in the usrdir folder. edit the other param in the folder you have ur black ops iso in and you should be set.

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News