I didn't get the multiplayer to work using the method that was first posted in this thread, so i figured out my own method.
I downloaded the old patch 1.01 pkg and got the t5mp_ps3f.self (size:10mb vs 6mb from 1.02). I used the BLES01035 (euro) on my BLES01032 (italian and spanish) and it still worked.
I kept t5mp_ps3f.self and t5_ps3f.self in the GAMEZ folder intact as retail.
I copied the t5mp_ps3f.self from the patch 1.01 to the patch 1.02 Update folder (in hdd0/games/BLES0132/USR_DIR/, replacing or renaming the other one already there).
here is some screenshots for proof and the t5mp_ps3f.self patch 1.01 is here (http://www.multiupload.com/EMOR2LXPAC
) and here's the link to the pkg i got it from: http://b0.ww.prod-qa.dl.playstation....0101-V0100.pkg