Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

How do you upgrade from 1.00 debug firmware?

Sponsored Links
    I have the original 60gb test/debug PS3 that had firmware 3.15 on it that I installed the 1.00 downgrade pup on. It really did downgrade the system to 1.00. Now I'm having this issue where no matter what debug firmware I try to upgrade to it doesn't install.

The 1.60 to 1.92 firmwares that I have will get to the install screen but then fail with invalid data type

Anything 2.00 or higher errors our during the copy process to the hard drive.

It still appears to be a debug system as the install packages is under the system settings and does work for debug packages.

What am I missing here to go to a higher firmware?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Few fold - whats the model number of the PS3? (the one on the white sticker, that is)

Furthermore, have you re-tried 3.15? Any PS3 TEST firmware greater than 1.00 should install without issue.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Could the issue be if the unit is a beta unit, I know some of the other unit's will not allow upgrading, I personally do not know if that is the same with The PS3 Family... (I Know that the xbox and xbox 360 feature beta hardware that cant be upgraded past a certain kernel)

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    Could the issue be if the unit is a beta unit, I know some of the other unit's will not allow upgrading, I personally do not know if that is the same with The PS3 Family... (I Know that the xbox and xbox 360 feature beta hardware that cant be upgraded past a certain kernel)
    Usually those boxes can't upgrade to .96, there is where errors are. Once its past .96 it should be fine.

OK I finally managed to get the system back to a newer firmware. There is some issue apparently with the built in card readers and the 1.00 firmware. I would for instance put the 3.20 firmware on an SD card and attempt to update it would fail the copy process each time (but at a different percentage even for the same file on the same card.) I got around the issue by using a USB SB card reader with the same SD card and it worked.

Even after figuring this out though I'm still having difficulty with the 1.x debug firmwares installing. They get past the copy process but fail on actually updating. Error message is "The data type is not supported. (8002F029)." Is there something I'm missing with these firmwares or perhaps a special sequence in updating?

The model is SCE-DECHA00A(B) according the black sticker. The white sticker on the back is completely blank. It looks like a printer mistake might have happened with the white sticker. Anyway the unit was manufactured in April of 2007 if the black sticker is correct. Oddly it was manufactured for Sony Computer Entertainment Korea, Inc (but still made in Japan).

Ahh, that box! Would be nice if you could up a pic of the sticker for all to see

I do know that some (only in theory, never practice) 60gb units only work above 2.00 or so - it does not explain why you were able to install 1.00 however.

But, older boxes and card readers did not go over too well, best bet is to do it off a USB flash disk (as you sort of did)

Furthermore, every PS3 TEST is made in Japan - the way Sony keeps things more secure, than making them in china.

BUT, which other 1.x firmwares did you try installing? If I recall, the 1.60 listed here on the site is actually a PS3 TOOL firmware, so if you got it from the site, and tried to install - you may have gotten that error.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I do know that some (only in theory, never practice) 60gb units only work above 2.00 or so - it does not explain why you were able to install 1.00 however.
    I have one that only allows 2.17 upwards to be installed.

It's the unit that's equivalent to the revision 3 or 4 PS3 that only has 2 USB ports and no memory slots. In every other way it's the same as the older test kit except it uses a bit less power.

all but the 60 gig kits and the decr-1000 lack the ability to downgrade to past 2.17, all OTHER kits can only downgrade to 2.17...

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News