Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question How to Decrypt a retail .pkg and extract the contents

Sponsored Links
    How to decrpt a retail .pkg and extract the contents of a retail .pkg?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sadly the only current way - downgrade your TEST to 1.50, install the PKG, then you can extract it off the HDD. Of course, this only applies to old 60gb models, or some TOOL's.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Sadly the only current way - downgrade your TEST to 1.50, install the PKG, then you can extract it off the HDD. Of course, this only applies to old 60gb models, or some TOOL's.
    if you were able to do that would you be able to use them on other test systems, once they are extracted to the pc?

It depends - at times you can for things like game patches, but you can't re-package them - so it becomes a bit more "manual" to replace them.

If you downgrade to 1.50, install a retail .pkg then upgrade to 3.20, will the game work with the retail patch installed on the Hard drive, or that also depends on the game?

Yeah, it should work fine!

can you take the extracted contents off of the hdd and rebuild a dev .pkg or insert them into an image of something you are building?

I'm gonna do it again, because I did it and didn't work. I get the error code that you get when you try to load a retail eboot.bin from app_home/

Is there anything that I have to be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    can you take the extracted contents off of the hdd and rebuild a dev .pkg or insert them into an image of something you are building?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you cannot create a PKG with an eboot.bin encrypted and signed as retail.
    Last edited by warpjavier; 04-09-2010 at 02:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i believe when you do that you need to decrypt it into an elf and then rebuild into and a decypted eboot.

Quote Originally Posted by warpjavier View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you cannot create a PKG with an eboot.bin encrypted and signed as retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    i believe when you do that you need to decrypt it into an elf and then rebuild into and a decypted eboot.
    Indeed - you can not create a PKG with an encrypted (ie retail) EBOOT without first decrypting it - however, ones made past 2.10 you can't decrypt - so things become much more "interesting".

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News