Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by warpjavier View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you cannot create a PKG with an eboot.bin encrypted and signed as retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    i believe when you do that you need to decrypt it into an elf and then rebuild into and a decypted eboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Indeed - you can not create a PKG with an encrypted (ie retail) EBOOT without first decrypting it - however, ones made past 2.10 you can't decrypt - so things become much more "interesting".
    But if you take and install the retail package below firmware 1.60 can you extract the package contents off the hdd and create a dev package for test?

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    But if you take and install the retail package below firmware 1.60 can you extract the package contents off the hdd and create a dev package for test?
    Everything up to the "create a dev package" part - as you can not create a dev package that contains a retail encrypted EBOOT alas!

Wink

Of course it's impossible. If we could, every game released today would be playable as backup on debug units as someone with access to 1.50 firmware would be able to extract and make dev package for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by warpjavier View Post
    I'm gonna do it again, because I did it and didn't work. I get the error code that you get when you try to load a retail eboot.bin from app_home/

Is there anything that I have to be aware of?
    Ever noticed that option into debug settings to load the content of resident app_home "for retail" and "for debug" ?

Chances are you've to set it "for debug"....

Answer to your other question is..."not yet.."

Registered User infernoassassin's Avatar
    normally i know that it works with a psp rip tool but i dont know what's the name of it.. i must search.

I tried with my Retail Disk in and the game loaded, so I guess this is only useful to use the Retail disks and not a backup.

Retail patch with Retail Disk.
    Debug Patch with Backup BD

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Everything up to the "create a dev package" part - as you can not create a dev package that contains a retail encrypted EBOOT alas!
    ok, so you are saying that upto firmware 1.60 you could install both retail signed packages and dev signed packages on a test, tool machine and then after firmware 1.60 they could only install dev signed packages.

shummyr, you hit the nail on the head. i took the week off fellas, so no crazy questions from me till Monday... lol. i'm pretty sure we'll see a leak of the debug 1.50 downgrade pup soon, everything else seems to be " falling of the back of a truck" lately.

research is the key, if you have access to the sdk docs, then almost everything you need to know is there.

NPDRM is the keyword, now let's hit the books.
    Last edited by imtoodvs; 04-10-2010 at 03:24 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12