Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sprayer View Post
    PS3 Proxi v1.1 on fw3.15 works fine.
    What version of OS / Windows are you using?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    you forgot to UNtick the checkbox in LOGAN5 lol
    ^^Exactly What he said, switched back to the logan5. Thanks for the insight. had to uncheck the box after testing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    What version of OS / Windows are you using?
    winXp sp3? but must work on win seven

the Logans tool works like a charm!

I didnt change nothing to my ps3, even tho that i have everything set manual, i just added the proxy server to PS3 and a Firewall rule too PC.

Quote Originally Posted by thinnpikkins View Post
    Just stumbled on a much better way to the guy that gave me advice... no programs whatsoever. Network settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom > Set everything as normal) > Set Primary DNS IP to 67.202.81.137. Works flawless.

Thanks for the help though, and i hope this helps others that can't connect via proxy progs.
    Hate them middle men, i popped the ip address you gave into the browser, the page is blank apart from this message.

"NOW DANCE ----ER DANCE, MAN HE NEVER HAD A CHANCE

Srsly, gtfo."

Any ideas what it means?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by daGraveR View Post
    If you happen to have Linux-box running 24/7, this might be an interesting alternative.

Difficulty: Moderate

Requirements: Any machine/OS capable of running a DNS-server and HTTP-server
    (I used a Bind 9 DNS-server and Apache 2 HTTP server on a dedicated virtual machine running Ubuntu 9.10.)

Solution presented: Change the DNS-server setting in you PlayStation 3 to connect to the custom DNS-server and redirect everything from *.ps3.update.playstation.net to the HTTP-server, presenting the PlayStation 3 with 'old' update lists.

Note: if you already have a DNS-server and HTTP-server in play, you can most likely fit it right into the existing infrastructure.
    Doesn't seem to work for me. When I run test connection it fails internet check.

LG5Tool works fine using win 7 ultimate, just had to download a missing library file first.

Quote Originally Posted by sprayer View Post
    winXp sp3? but must work on win seven
    Is it the v1.1 or latest 1.1 R3?

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Doesn't seem to work for me. When I run test connection it fails internet check.
    That most likely means that there's something wrong with the webserver. You might want to check the access logs of the webserver.

I managed to reproduce this by renaming the 'update' in the wwwroot dir, so that the ps3-updatelist.txt produces a 404 (The internet check is performed by downloading this file.)

The corresponding connection error is 80028EA8 in my case.

if you get failed internet checking while doing a test, either stop the proxy and start it again and then do a connection test
    or
    stop the proxy, turn off the ps3, turn on the ps3 start the proxy and do a connection test

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News