Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 209



  1. #11
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,721
    Sponsored Links

    Lightbulb

    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by cureo View Post
    i'm trying to use an older linux method with ettercap but the http://www.ps3news.com/etter.dns doesn't exist anymore.
    I checked, and this is all that was in that file (which as you said, doesn't exist on the server any more).
    Code:
    #PS3News.com ETTER.DNS FILE
    #Enjoy- Visit PS3News.com!
    fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    fjp01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    feu01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    fkr01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    fuk01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114        
    fmx01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    fau01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    fsa01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    ftw01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    fru01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    fcn01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    djp01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    deu01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dkr01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    duk01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dmx01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dau01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dsa01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dtw01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dru01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    dcn01.ps3.update.playstation.net A 75.125.48.114
    I assume you would need to change the IPs to ones for your own server hosting the file.

  2. #12
    Registered User thinnpikkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i've tried logan5 and another program to no no avail, im running win7 ultimate if that matters, with logan i can't even connect and with the other i test the connection and its suceeds but tells me there is an update and to install it still, what is really going on, never used one of these things and have been reading and downloading since yesterday but again to no avail. Anyone care to suggest anything?

  3. #13
    Registered User Musoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @thinnpikkins the PS3 as long as it is online will always check and ask if you want to update, it doesn't matter if your signed into PSN.

    Therefore, and I am new to trying this myself, but if you connect, tell it no you do not want to update, and then if I understand the way this all should work right, you should be able to play online and use your PSN, just tell it no don't update and keep going Try it out.

  4. #14
    Registered User thinnpikkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Musoka View Post
    @thinnpikkins the PS3 as long as it is online will always check and ask if you want to update, it doesn't matter if your signed into PSN.

    Therefore, and I am new to trying this myself, but if you connect, tell it no you do not want to update, and then if I understand the way this all should work right, you should be able to play online and use your PSN, just tell it no don't update and keep going Try it out.
    Yea, just tried your advice and logan5 will get the correct firmware but will not bypass it, i keep getting do you want to update now, i hit no about 5 times in a row, then hit yes just to see what would happen and it took me to the eula so i'm guessing this wont work on win 7, because if people are having success with it they must be using something different.

    Half of the time i get the (error code 5) in the logan5 but then again half the time i done... and i dont see why it wont work because win7 ultimate has compatibility with other versions of windows, it can run in the background.

    Thanks for the input though my friend, very helpful none the less.

  5. #15
    Registered User daGraveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25

    The Linux-way

    If you happen to have Linux-box running 24/7, this might be an interesting alternative.

    Difficulty: Moderate

    Requirements: Any machine/OS capable of running a DNS-server and HTTP-server
    (I used a Bind 9 DNS-server and Apache 2 HTTP server on a dedicated virtual machine running Ubuntu 9.10.)

    Solution presented: Change the DNS-server setting in you PlayStation 3 to connect to the custom DNS-server and redirect everything from *.ps3.update.playstation.net to the HTTP-server, presenting the PlayStation 3 with 'old' update lists.

    Note: if you already have a DNS-server and HTTP-server in play, you can most likely fit it right into the existing infrastructure.

    Step 1: installing prerequisites

    Code:
    sudo apt-get -y install bind9 apache2
    Step 2: Configuring DNS

    To override DNS, we need to add the zone ps3.update.playstation.net

    Get the zone-file

    Code:
    cd /var/lib/bind
    wget sudo wget http://www.xs4all.nl/~graver1/ps3/ps3.update.playstation.net.hosts
    Edit the line '*.ps3.update.playstation.net. IN A 192.168.1.3' so that '192.168.1.3' reflects the IP-address of the HTTP-server

    Code:
    sudo nano -w ps3.update.playstation.net.hosts
    Then, edit /etc/bind/named.conf.local and add the zone:

    Code:
    sudo nano -w /etc/bind/named.conf.local
    Add the following:

    Code:
    zone "ps3.update.playstation.net" {
    	type master;
    	file "/var/lib/bind/ps3.update.playstation.net.hosts";
    	};
    Reload the DNS:

    Code:
    sudo rndc reload
    The server should respond with:

    Code:
    server reload successful
    Step 3: Preparing Apache2

    First, we go to the WWW-root and extract the old update files:

    Code:
    cd /var/www
    sudo wget http://www.xs4all.nl/~graver1/ps3/ps3update.tar.bz2
    sudo tar xf ps3update.tar.bz2
    The hard part is done, now configure the PS3 to use our custom DNS-server:

    Go to 'Settings' -> 'Network Settings'
    Click 'Internet Connection Settings'

    On the 'Select a setting method.'-screen choose 'Custom'
    Configure as usual, but at the 'DNS Setting'-screen choose 'Manual' and enter the IP of the machine running DNS.
    The rest of the settings should be obvious. (Note: we do not require a proxy server!)

    Have fun

  6. #16
    Registered User thinnpikkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28

    Lightbulb

    Just stumbled on a much better way to the guy that gave me advice... no programs whatsoever. Network settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom > Set everything as normal) > Set Primary DNS IP to 67.202.81.137. Works flawless.

    Thanks for the help though, and i hope this helps others that can't connect via proxy progs.

  7. #17
    Registered User daGraveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by thinnpikkins View Post
    Just stumbled on a much better way to the guy that gave me advice... no programs whatsoever. Network settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom > Set everything as normal) > Set Primary DNS IP to 67.202.81.137. Works flawless.

    Thanks for the help though, and i hope this helps others that can't connect via proxy progs.
    If you fully trust the person that runs this DNS-server, I guess you could try that. But there's nothing preventing him to easily carry out a man-in-the-middle-attack...

  8. #18
    Registered User sprayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3

    Wink

    PS3 Proxi v1.1 on fw3.15 works fine.

  9. #19
    Registered User livpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    211

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by thinnpikkins View Post
    Yea, just tried your advice and logan5 will get the correct firmware but will not bypass it, i keep getting do you want to update now, i hit no about 5 times in a row, then hit yes just to see what would happen and it took me to the eula so i'm guessing this wont work on win 7, because if people are having success with it they must be using something different.

    Half of the time i get the (error code 5) in the logan5 but then again half the time i done... and i dont see why it wont work because win7 ultimate has compatibility with other versions of windows, it can run in the background.

    Thanks for the input though my friend, very helpful none the less.
    you forgot to UNtick the checkbox in LOGAN5 lol

  10. #20
    Registered User Musoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    I actually had not tried again with logan5 yet, and I thought it was the other program you were having success with connecting. I tried with logan5 before the update to see if I could get it to run and was having some issues. I was suggesting you try with the other program and try to just say no to the update with that one.

    At any rate, I gotta sleep and will give things a run tomorrow night. Thanks to sprayer for the tip.

 

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News