Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by silencephaze View Post
    The Logan tool was working before and now stopped i'm not sure why? Also ps3 proxi version 1 isn't working. I have the latest frameware up to the the new one that removes the otheros.
    What error code? 8002A212?

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    If you are thinking the only way Sony can force this upon you is with a new game release's then you are very wrong.
    Sorry to put this to you all but...

1) Any "demo" from PSN could do a check for usage of 3.21
    2) Any "Game Update" could do a check for usage of 3.21. Also they could just release a game update just to do this check and not to fix anything!

Now you could say I will not update the games then, but 99% if your not using latest version of a game then it will not run on-line. And for gamers who are in to COD, MAG etc there no choice really. The likes of EA, Activision and co will have no problems taking part in this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by fun4you2008 View Post
    What error code? 8002A212?
    Never saw that code i just couldn't connect period. All be trying later on tonight when i like to game on the weekends because i'm usually busy with college. All let you know my situation.

I can also confirm that it works smoothly with PS3PROXi and Windows 7 Ultimate (x64).

I am able to connect fine, I am also able to play online levels in LBP fine by myself. But anytime I try to join a friend to play LBP, the lag kicks up, and I keep getting game disappeared errors. Is anyone else having a similar issue, and does anyone have an idea to fix it?

Same thing happens to me with Logan5, and as well as using the dns server trick of connecting to someones setup server. Any help would really be appreciated.

logan5 is starting to fail me... looking into another tool now..

anyone elses logan5 not work today?

Hello, I use Linux Fedora and FreeBSD unix, I use dnsmasq with apache to pypass PS3 update, and it work fine with me.

what i did:
    Code:
    #sudo yum install dnsmasq apache2
    #sudo vi /etc/dnsmasq.conf
    add this line: address=/ps3.update.playstation.net/192.168.1.6
    where 192.168.1.6 is my ip and where i install also the apache server

then download ps3 update files to apache:
    Code:
    #cd /var/www/html
    #sudo wget [Register or Login to view links]
    #sudo tar -vxjf ps3update.tar.bz2
    then on PS3 just set the primary DNS to 192.168.1.6 or to where you install dnsmasq

thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    I like how people justify Sony's heavy-handed approach by saying it doesn't affect many people. 33.5 million PS3s sold and let's say 0.1% of the users use Linux. That's still 33,500 people!

And to repeat an analogy I saw elsewhere... LG makes a blu-ray player that has built-in Netflix support. All people use the player for blu-rays, but a small number of people also use the Netflix feature. A hacker then discovers a way to access additional features on the player via Netflix which may potentially enable piracy. Rather than fix the problem, LG removes the Netflix feature. Is that fair?

Anyway, back on topic... If anyone here uses DD-WRT on their router, you can override the system update DNS entry by putting the following into Additional DNS Options:
    Code:
    address=/fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/192.168.0.100
    Of course put in the address that is applicable to your region and the IP of your local webserver. Then add the ps3-updatelist.txt to the appropriate folder on your webserver.

If you're really astute, you can even use the router's internal webserver to host the file for you.
    Anyone got a guide for this, i wanna store the file on my dd-wrt router but i cant create any files/folders in jffs only tmp, could i use that folder instead?

logan tool stopping working for me to! Throwing up runtime error 5 every time! Any ideas?

Looking into other tools now.

Quote Originally Posted by nyleridedog View Post
    logan tool stopping working for me to! Throwing up runtime error 5 every time! Any ideas?

Looking into other tools now.
    ps3 proxi 1.1 rc3 works perfect for me: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=4172

Sponsored Links
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News