Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry to ask, but I'm new here. Don't know too much about the ps3 nor am I that tech savvy but would replacing the HDD and keeping the original one untouched and updated, work?

Take out the old one that hasn't been updated and put a new one and update it to 3.21. I guess it boils down to: Can you have 2 HDD that are interchangeable? Sorry if this is such a noob question.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    umm what if i didn't know about this and already did update, is there no hope now?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jadekitten View Post
    umm what if i didn't know about this and already did update, is there no hope now?
    For the time being? No. There's no way to downgrade a PS3 as of yet.

Not that it won't happen in the future, but OtherOS is locked to you for now...

Cool

whimpers ok thanks, seems to be really nice people here.

I am also trying to bypass the 3.21 firmware and I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm currently on 2.80.

I have setup internet sharing in windows and when I run a connection test on the PS3 it says successful on both getting the IP address and Internet Connection. So thats all fine.

When I run Logans tool it comes up with 3.21 in the firmware update version box on the PC (which suggests its working) but on the PS3 I get "you have been signed out of the playstation network" when signing in.

If I tick the firmware update box on Logans tool I get an update prompt on the PS3 so I dont get why unticking it doesn't work.

When I try the older PS3 Proxy Server GUI program the logs come up on the PC and I replace the text file but it still does not sign into PSN, same error.

Basically what am I doing wrong? Is there something else I have to adjust on the PC?

I would really appreciate the help!!

Quote Originally Posted by wiitoddid View Post
    Can you have 2 HDD that are interchangeable? Sorry if this is such a noob question.
    ..I think so. You can if you're on the same firmwares at least. ..I don't think it matters, but I haven't tried on two different versions, so I don't know for certain. It might be a problem with the old 60/80Gb versions, since the firmware is stored differently.

Quote Originally Posted by martenbroadclk View Post
    For the time being? No. There's no way to downgrade a PS3 as of yet.
    Not if you format the hdd either?

Quote Originally Posted by R23 View Post
    I am also trying to bypass the 3.21 firmware and I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm currently on 2.80.

When I try the older PS3 Proxy Server GUI program the logs come up on the PC and I replace the text file but it still does not sign into PSN, same error.

Basically what am I doing wrong? Is there something else I have to adjust on the PC?

I would really appreciate the help!!
    I am on 2.76 and have the same problem - did you get error 8002A212? I think the problem is that the PSN login handshake changed, so even though we get passed the firmware check, we aren't speaking the same lingo to login. I tried every solution, plus squid and privoxy altering some HTTP headers. Nothing worked. I'm waiting to see if anyone with pre-3.0 is able to get the proxy to work.

Have you recently used the proxy server prior to 3.21? It used to work for me until around Oct-Nov. I believe when 3.10 came out, they changed the PSN login handshake.

BTW - if you have a PS3 user that is not associated to the PSN ID, you can browse the PSN store with the proxy bypass (and it gives you the update prompt without the proxy). That's why I think it is a login protocol change.

Using the LG5Tool, if you're in one user account on psn, sign out and switch to another user account on the same ps3 and attempt to sign in I get the 8002A212 error. Simply stopping and starting the LG5Tool again before signing on fixed this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    I like how people justify Sony's heavy-handed approach by saying it doesn't affect many people. 33.5 million PS3s sold and let's say 0.1% of the users use Linux. That's still 33,500 people!

And to repeat an analogy I saw elsewhere... LG makes a blu-ray player that has built-in Netflix support. All people use the player for blu-rays, but a small number of people also use the Netflix feature. A hacker then discovers a way to access additional features on the player via Netflix which may potentially enable piracy. Rather than fix the problem, LG removes the Netflix feature. Is that fair?

Anyway, back on topic... If anyone here uses DD-WRT on their router, you can override the system update DNS entry by putting the following into Additional DNS Options:

[Register or Login to view code]

Of course put in the address that is applicable to your region and the IP of your local webserver. Then add the ps3-updatelist.txt to the appropriate folder on your webserver.

If you're really astute, you can even use the router's internal webserver to host the file for you.
    Hi,

Could you please explain to me how setup your ddwrt route to redirect the request ps3 update.txt file to local server. i have already added the fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net in the additional dns. i'm trying to use the builtin webserver of the router.

i've moved the router admin page to port 81. so my other webserver is running on port 80 on the router and home directory is /jffs.
    i've put the "ps3-updatelist.txt" in the /jffs folder.

now the problem is, through my browser when i point to" http://fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/ps3-updatelist.txt" i can download the file.
    BUT i believe the PS3's requested path is "http://fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/list/us/ps3-updatelist.txt"

How can i fix it, please help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    i've moved the router admin page to port 81. so my other webserver is running on port 80 on the router and home directory is /jffs. i've put the "ps3-updatelist.txt" in the /jffs folder.

now the problem is, through my browser when i point to" http://fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/ps3-updatelist.txt" i can download the file.
    BUT i believe the PS3's requested path is "http://fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/list/us/ps3-updatelist.txt"
    Make the same directory/folder structure under /jffs:

/jffs/update/ps3/list/us

then put the ps3-updatelist.txt file in /jffs/update/ps3/list/us/

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News