Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Guy don't mess arround, just insert a new dns and its done i'm now online at 3.20

no proxy, no linux no windows just dns.
    • Go onto the XMB on the start up screen.
    • Go to Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings.
    • Click Custom > [any option] > [any option] > Manual.
    • For you IP address, you may want to go to your router webpage to find out this remaining info, but for the primary DNS you need to put 67.202.81.137 which should trick the PS3 into thinking you're fully updated.
    • Choose your settings from here on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So just change the DNS servers to that IP? No need to use Logan5 or PS3 proxi? ^

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the guide, it works man

Anyone on pre-3.0 and have the proxy bypass working?

Hi,

I am on PS3 firmware 2.76, and ever since Oct/Nov 2009, the proxy bypass fails. Even the person who setup the DNS to point to his/her proxy fails. It's not the firmware check, but I believe the SSL connection. They must have changed the PSN login protocol, and so my PS3 is not speaking the same lingo to connect successfully. If I create a new PS3 login, without a PSN association, I can browse the PSN store just fine (with any proxy in place, it doesn't tell me to update my firmware). But as soon as I associate a PSN id, it gives me a 8002A212 error.

Can anyone with pre-3.0 firmware let us know if any bypass solution works for them? If so, what Firmware version are you running and how did you get it to work?

Thanks!

fun4you2008

P.S. Not to derail this thread, but I'm on 2.76 because the update software has some bugs in it, and can cause a bad load (I believe it chooses the wrong code to load into the wrong PS3 hardware revision in some cases). So every time you perform a firmware update, you have a small chance (but high impact) of causing the BR drive to no longer work (which is the most visible issue to the end user, but not the only one).

To make a small contribution to the site on my first post, I can tell you that in FW 3.21, of the 5 bluray drive firmwares in the update, the only one that changed in this release is the one for the Slim BR drive. And I believe it's the same drive firmware they released into the 3.20 development FW update. The rest come from FW 3.1 - no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4you2008 View Post

P.S. Not to derail this thread, but I'm on 2.76 because the update software has some bugs in it, and can cause a bad load (I believe it chooses the wrong code to load into the wrong PS3 hardware revision in some cases). So every time you perform a firmware update, you have a small chance (but high impact) of causing the BR drive to no longer work (which is the most visible issue to the end user, but not the only one).

To make a small contribution to the site on my first post, I can tell you that in FW 3.21, of the 5 bluray drive firmwares in the update, the only one that changed in this release is the one for the Slim BR drive. And I believe it's the same drive firmware they released into the 3.20 development FW update. The rest come from FW 3.1 - no changes.
    Not my wish to drive this thred Off Topic but to give my two cents I can assure you that even removing the BD pressing ->triangle->eject disc could sometimes lead to a non reding BR with the need to reset the drive and working with recovery options to fix..this means there IS a bug into the software or the firmware of the BD reader.

For the other question I'm sorry but all my 3 units are above 3.00, can't say...

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    It's been awhile since I've bothered with this but the PS3 System Update Bypasser BETA v0.1 worked a treat.
    Yep, worked like a charm!!

the logan5's works fine thanks for the tips

(For the folks who're in doubt how to use logan5, will need the PS3 all the time connected to your PC and sometime when you're connecting to the PSN it gives a error like: 80028EA6, to fix u online need to disable the windows Firewall/Antivirus Firewall)

sorry for my bad english

PS: why change the DNS?
    Last edited by longhornx; 04-02-2010 at 02:39 PM

Smile

A great "How to..." guide.. Thank You!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by o00kan View Post
    Guy don't mess arround, just insert a new dns and its done i'm now online at 3.20

no proxy, no linux no windows just dns.
    • Go onto the XMB on the start up screen.
    • Go to Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings.
    • Click Custom > [any option] > [any option] > Manual.
    • For you IP address, you may want to go to your router webpage to find out this remaining info, but for the primary DNS you need to put 67.202.81.137 which should trick the PS3 into thinking you're fully updated.
    • Choose your settings from here on.
    I don't think its safe using that DNS server the owner could be doing MITM attacks and steal your login data.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqr View Post
    Thanks daGraveR! You made this super easy. One minor change that I think makes it even simpler:

Instead of using bind to do this, I did it with dnsmaq, and also pass dhcp info to my ps3 via dnsmasq. So I don't have to adjust the dns settings on the ps3. All I have to do is make a one line edit to the /etc/dnsmasq.conf file:
    Code:
    address=/ps3.update.playstation.net/<your web server ip here>
    Note that this is a wild card. Effectively I'm answering queries for *.ps3.update.playstation.net so it covers all the update servers.

Then I extracted your tidy little package to my httpd server and everything was beautiful. Thanks so much!

BTW, the above syntax should also work for anyone using a DD-WRT router.
    i'm trying to impliment this into my dd-wrt router. can you please help?

Sponsored Links
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News