Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    i have other idea, using it for make a redirection for read other tittle-id on hdd.

in the hdd build a folder whith a id ok?the sfo determine values and others thinks for load,well my theory is based in using this method for use a game read the needed reading the sfo and redirect other TID,obvios first need changue the data in hdd for other content.Th game work how a key for check the tid and read the sfo,fix the sfo for fake the version system and version patch.

1saludo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank u so CJPC..

That means that it isnt for Retail one?
    Last edited by CJPC; 10-15-2009 at 09:01 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I suppose you could decrypt your retail PS3's HDD, fiddle with the SFO, put it back - but its pretty much pointless - there is nothing to accomplish by doing it.

Still... what can actually be done with this tool? Do we have any 'moles' working on the inside? That's our best bet.

Exclamation

Does anyone actually read the last 3 pages before posting? -Rep. Seriously, don't ask what this is used for as it's been stated in several different ways numerous times already... it simply cannot be answered any differently.

Sadly anyone who asks what the app does or what it's for again (dupe posts) below this post will receive an Infraction.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    That means that it isnt for Retail one?
    .SFO files are the same for retail and debug consoles.. and for all ps3 hardware for that matter.

What this is is a very nice and LEGAL app that reproduces the functions of a not so legal app. Think of it as one step forward towards having yourself a legal sdk.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHades View Post
    i have other idea, using it for make a redirection for read other tittle-id on hdd.

in the hdd build a folder whith a id ok?the sfo determine values and others thinks for load,well my theory is based in using this method for use a game read the needed reading the sfo and redirect other TID,obvios first need changue the data in hdd for other content.Th game work how a key for check the tid and read the sfo,fix the sfo for fake the version system and version patch.

1saludo
    This wont work for 2 reasons:

1. The title id is tight to the database (I mean the vsh database stored on the hdd and modified upon package install)

2. Since 2.80 there is a nice new protection added called DRMDIR, basically they add a directory under the titleid folder (on the hdd) called DRMDIR which contains hashes of the PARAM.SFO and EBOOT.BIN files) This folder is created upon package install and will of course prevent you from replacing the PARAM.SFO (which is too bad since the database issue could have been bypassed after rebuilding it)

I still advice people to BUY their games rather than trying to run pirated versions of those every minutes. I mean, developers also do have to eat you know ?

Anyway this idea is stupid and wont work. (not to mention you would need to go through the hassle of decrypting, encrypting your hdd (which would take hours for each step) etc etc each time you want to change your game. Not worth the trouble, you are better off purchasing your games than doing this.

UPDATE: For those who wonder why not just replace the DRMDIR folder, its content is not viewable under user/game priviledges, also the hashes stored there are not the standard md5 or sha1 you are used to see but based on a hmac algorithm.
    Last edited by Mathieulh; 10-16-2009 at 12:21 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulh View Post
    This wont work for 2 reasons:

1. The title id is tight to the database (I mean the vsh database stored on the hdd and modified upon package install)

2. Since 2.80 there is a nice new protection added called DRMDIR, basically they add a directory under the titleid folder (on the hdd) called DRMDIR which contains hashes of the PARAM.SFO and EBOOT.BIN files) This folder is created upon package install and will of course prevent you from replacing the PARAM.SFO (which is too bad since the database issue could have been bypassed after rebuilding it)

I still advice people to BUY their games rather than trying to run pirated versions of those every minutes. I mean, developers also do have to eat you know ?

Anyway this idea is stupid and wont work. (not to mention you would need to go through the hassle of decrypting, encrypting your hdd (which would take hours for each step) etc etc each time you want to change your game. Not worth the trouble, you are better off purchasing your games than doing this.

UPDATE: For those who wonder why not just replace the DRMDIR folder, its content is not viewable under user/game priviledges, also the hashes stored there are not the standard md5 or sha1 you are used to see but based on a hmac algorithm.
    Thank friend,i dont say for copy or pirated,i say for load games "real" complet but in the hdd,how make 360 install the game but need the disk for check the ss and run read the id path.

And other,always say stupid...is other theory or always only is valid u say???

u study psp old time,i ps3 ok?first respect and first listen.

u can say it dont is posible and other, but stupid and nothing.

u have documents certified it? always talk but never with documents

psp dont is ps3 remember it.

more info and minor secrets

Banned User
    ^^^
    Not to be "Mr. Obvious" but DRMDIR seems to be in direct reply to a certain method to decrypt the hdd being published to the web...

Just a little fyi on what happens as a result of "public" study

What? On the Wii there is no single document that give infos about a .tik/.tmd/.cert and team twiizers have to unlock the secrets by here own. By the way he is talking about the PS3 not the PSP.Becouse the PSP dont have a hdd as you, for sure, know.

At least as long we dont have a way to fake sign the puplic key or get hands on it trough hacking/exploiting the hardware or some other ways , we cant test it.

Best way would be to alter a .pkg before installing it.For what i have seen the file sys of a WAD from the Wii and a PKG of the PS3 is quite the same.Sure a few things are diff like SHA1 for Wii vs. SHA256 for PS3.

What for the Wii will be the .tik and .tmd will be the param.sfo for the PS3.To think it could be simply swapped without (maybe) re-signing or without (maybe) altering a specific file would be to easy. (We talk off the files from the HDD!!)

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News