Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hello everyone!

I don't want to sound dumb but aren't PS3 SFO files inside signed containers?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    At times - yes. But again, its really only useful for those with Debug Units. With a Debug unit, you can install the PKG (the signed container), and then edit the SFO right on the PS3 HDD, or remaster the disk to use as a backup, and edit it that way.

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Nah, for the few Debug users it accomplishes the same as the existing SFO-Edit app (or even Sony's own utility). Once it's released you will see it won't allow you to do anything new or exciting sadly.

The most exciting part of this news is that SilverSpring is now working on PS3 stuff, which means hopefully he can help the PS3 Devs with reversing files that will actually lead somewhere, versus just cloning Sony's existing apps.
    ok, so for all dont have official tools, with the SFO-Edit, debug users can make a good copy of there games

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    At times - yes. But again, its really only useful for those with Debug Units. With a Debug unit, you can install the PKG (the signed container), and then edit the SFO right on the PS3 HDD, or remaster the disk to use as a backup, and edit it that way.
    just for precision, a debug pkg have a signature ?
    I thought only retail pkg have this lol

I too got excited when i heard homebrew. i can't wait until this PS3 is hacked it's the only console on the market not hacked.

Arrow

It's now released, and I updated the first post with it. For those who want to check it out here is the direct link to the attachment:

Download: Homebrewed PS3 System File Editor v0.80

Wow not too bad even if not much use it's great to see ppl are still interested in this beast.

I've been reading up and what cjpc says it's true this time this incarnation of playstation is very well designed.

I will dl this app.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by playforfun View Post
    just for precision, a debug pkg have a signature ?
    I thought only retail pkg have this lol
    Yep, a debug PKG also has a signature - the difference is that the key is known so we can create said signature properly using PC side tools!

Of course, the debug and retail key's are not the same - if only they were!

haven't tried this yet, only discovered this thread moments ago but will this tool edit savegames ? anyone tried it already?

hi guys! Hey can someone say...What is that? What i can do with that when it will be full version? What i can to do... what good in that program?

Sorry for bad english!

And can i get SFO from my HDD?
    or what is that SFO what they do?
    Last edited by TUHTA; 10-15-2009 at 03:08 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The program does not edit savegames, it only lets you edit a SFO. The SFO is the general file descriptor for attributes of a game - has the name, titleid, game type, resolution settings etc in it.

Pretty much, if you have to ask what its for, you don't need it - the only use for it is when remastering games for a Debug console, and even then, the SFO is rarely required to be edited.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News