Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Hero City v0.5 PS3 Homebrew Game is Now Released

Sponsored Links
    Following up on his recent PlayStation 3 homebrew ports Cherophobe v1.0 and Winters End v1.0, this weekend ThatOtherDev has made available another Wii port for the PS3 entitled Hero City v0.5.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: This is a PS3 port of my open world super hero game titled Hero City. It was originally made for Wii and features the Nintendomax mascot.

There are some minor ways in which I've improved the game but there are some graphical and performance problems and the player is now constrained by the more simplified collision system that was previously only used for the enemies which unfortunately means that you can't travel on top of buildings or water.

PS3 controls:
    • Left analog stick = Move
    • Right analog stick = Turn camera
    • X = Jump
    • O = Fly
    • Triangle and Square = Punch

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 12-10-2011 at 05:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Both ThatOtherDev and HeyManHRU are white hot lately with these PS3 homebrew releases and reporting hehe... +Rep again, and I have promoted it to the main page also now!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks scary... dunno if I want to try it out

Is the VBANext working pretty good for everyone so far? Haven't heard much about it these fast few months...

This doesn't look half bad. Add in a gun to shoot with and some blood on bullet impact and you'd have a game I'd consider putting on my PS3.

It seems a nice homebrew game!

PS: Yeah, boss, HeymanHRU is an invaluable and irreplaceable man here!
    Last edited by Ezio; 12-10-2011 at 06:33 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm just posting the news of his website (thatotherdev.com), I'm sure any of you could do it, just bookmark his page and check it every now and then.

Hero City 2 v1.3 PS3 Homebrew Game is Now Available

Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer ThatOtherDev has made available Hero City 2 version 1.3 with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

To quote from his blog: Hero City 2 is an open world superhero game. You run and jump around punching monsters and robots and collecting things and in the process of doing so you upgrade your abilities and unlock new tasks. It’s a massive step up from the first Hero City.

There are some differences between this and the original Wii version. Most of which I hope to correct in future updates. But overall it’s a pretty decent port. It runs at 60 frames per second in HD and looks exactly as it should.

I think it’s probably the best homebrew game on PS3 (though that’s obviously subjective and I’m definitely biased). It’s certainly the one I’m most proud of. So I hope you like it. Feedback is always appreciated.

Controls:
    • Left analog stick = controls the player
    • Right analog stick = controls the camera
    • L1 = left punch
    • R1 = right punch
    • X = jump (hold to charge up)
    • Square = save
    • Triangle = return to the title screen

Hero City 2 v1.3 PS3 Homebrew Game is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News