Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Hermes PS3 CFW - Custom Firmware 3.41 with Payload 4 Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Spanish PlayStation 3 developer Hermes has made available what he calls Hermes PS3 CFW, a PS3 Custom Firmware 3.41 version 1.0 Beta build which includes Payload 4, followed shortly by Hermes v4c Payload v1.01 which includes source code and details HERE.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #1) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #3) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #4) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #5)

PUP MD5: 2787b1294ca0cd7064be099c53f3421f
    PUP SHA1: 7ac5f852f74d74231316c2bb8f4b7cb91b048318

To quote, roughly translated: Well, do not take any more, I have to sleep it took more than 20 hours in active!
    • CECHC04 (my model, 3 times with Different Changes, FAT 60GB)
    • CECHG04 (FAT)
    • CECHH04 (FAT 40GB)
    • CECHL04 (FAT 80 gb)
    • CECHH01 (NTSC 40GB FAT)
    • CECHE01 (NTSC)
    • CECH2001A (NTSC slim 120GB)
    • CECH2004A (slim)
    • CECH2504B (slim)
    • CECH2404A (slim)
    • CECH2004B (slim)

I see that the link has been posted "tomorrow" will open a thread and it will take all this data update the readme. For those wondering, where you put the PS3UPDAT.PUP. bat of the package, run the bat and you create a CFW341_PS3UPDAT.PUP

That gets into a pendrive as PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and if you are in 3.41 so you will have to start the restoration console (which is done by pressing the power and using a USB cable for connecting the controller and such)

Then, since the firm installed just install the pkg is included and run the application to load the payload. I think that having a 100% success in all these models, we can say that the patch is safe: if a console peta, be anything else but work, work.

From the included ReadMe File: Hermes CFW 3.41 version 1.0 (BETA)

WARNING! This modified firware is tested only by two persons (it is experimental!!!) with this models:
    • CECHC04 (my model, 3 times with different changes)
    • CECHG04 (from one friend)

I cannot be sure if it can brick others models (don't use this CFW if you have buy your console with 3.50+, you can brick it!)

I am not responsible if this CFW brick you console: I have taken all possible precautions using SHA1 hash to avoid errors building the firmware, etc, and other problems (i include too my own patch utility to be sure you apply the patch correctly).

Building the firmaware:

Put original PS3UPDAT.PUP (3.41 v2) with patch.bat and run patch.bat. It must create CFW341_PS3UPDAT.PUP.

Put CFW341_PS3UPDAT.PUP as PS3UPDAT.PUP in one pendrive (usb:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP) and try to update normally from the device.

If it say "you have this version yet" try the restoration - recovery method (pressing POWER. Ask about this method if you don't know in the forums)

Features:
    • LV1 patch for undocumented v1_undocumented_function_114 (kudos for flukes1/graf_chokolo) 1 byte, don't worry!
    • LV2 peek/poke patch (original from psgroove)
    • vsh.self patch to enable .self (same patch as psgroove-hermes_v4B. To launch self requires the payload working)
    • nas_plugin.sprx patch to enable packages (same patch as psgroove-hermes_v4B. You can install PSL1GHT original packages but requires geohot make_self_npdrm without one payload working)
    • category_game.xml modified to enable packages (kudos for KaKaRoTo)

With this options PS3 works with Homebrew signed (use make_self_npdrm in the EBOOT.BIN).

Working:

Install payloadhv4.pkg and launch it to load the psgroove-hermes_v4B

NOTE: payload code is experimental. I need to work in the application and the payload to add news features. don't worry about the source code now: this is a beta test version yet, but the source code will soon available.

Hermes PS3 CFW - Custom Firmware 3.41 with Payload 4 Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice to see Hermes back but not sure if there's any point to have this if you already have 3.55 CFW already working, and has the disadvantage of no online I'd imagine.. hmm.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hahaha nice timing i was just downgrading my ps3... will try it in few minutes.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great work, but I think for now I'm going to stick with kamea 'til there's a major improvement in another CFW. Then I might consider switching, but mine is working excellent right now.

I can't wait to try this one out!

This is perfect. I was just getting ready to upgrade to 3.55 but much rather stay right hear and lose the dongle. much thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    Great work, but I think for now I'm going to stick with kamea 'til there's a major improvement in another CFW. Then I might consider switching, but mine is working excellent right now.
    Same here, especially considering one of the reasons I upgraded was to have access to the PSN to buy a few things. I'd rather have access to it in case there is anything I need.

Thanks for your efforts and hard work guys but i was wondering What is the real advantage to this beside not needing a device to load a payload?

I think if you want to have online play then update and use the 3.55 kamea cfw. I have been hesitant to update mine to 3.55 but i think i prob going to know i want to get back online with my friends that done it already. If it comes down to it i can always downgrade but once your on 3.55 pretty much everything that you can do on 3.41 can be done there now plus more now that we can go online.

Now if we can only get a build for 3.55 since I was one of the few who updated after geohots cfw.

Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    Nice to see Hermes back but not sure if there's any point to have this if you already have 3.55 CFW already working, and has the disadvantage of no online I'd imagine.. hmm.
    There are a few games that only work with hermes.

Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time, is one.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News