Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    Have there been any reported issues with BD playback with this? I still use my PS3 as my primary bluray player and would hate to mess that up.
    Mine is working just fine, this is great for those like me with a launch 256 nand machine that are way too nervous to lose their backwards compatibility. Thank you Hermes! You in my mind are the same caliber as the famous DAX. What you have done on other consoles and now the PS3 is truly amazing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I upgraded my Slim 160GB last night and so far have no issues. Works exactly like the USB dongle. I think I am going to stick with this for a little while to see how the CFW based on 3.55 pans out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have cech2106A 120gb ps3 slim anyone tried this model hermes cfw?

You should be fine, assuming you are still on stock 3.41 and haven't upgraded/downgraded. I am going to update a 120GB tonight.

Mine is doing the same thing I used that, so do I need to downgrade from that one or install the 8/2 3.41 update on top of it?

Works wonderfully, brings me back to the good old days where we turn on our console with just the press of a button via your controller. So far all of my installed PSN games and BACKUP GAMES are all working still. Highly recommend that you use this first if you value stability of running games and also if your too lazy to update the EBOOT's & PKG's so that it'll be playable/compatible with that particular CFW.

Best of all i did not even have to enter recovery mode to install the patched update. Will stick to using this until something better and stable comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshon View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing I used that, so do I need to downgrade from that one or install the 8/2 3.41 update on top of it?
    What do you mean? The update didn't give you the Install Packages option the Game section of the XMB? Did you install the Hermes V4 payload pkg after updating to this firmware? You need to do that to activate the payload and run backed up games.

Well I finally broke down and did this install and hung up my Teensy 2.0++... hopefully for good. Had to use the recovery menu to install, but otherwise it was a piece of cake. Will be nice not having to hit eject on startup now. I've been worried that I was gonna wear the drive out!

Great work Hermes!

FWIW, I've got a fat 60GB system.

Does anyone know what the best CFW for 3.41 is currently? I'm not interested in playing game back ups, I just prefer to run apps and homebrew without having to jailbreak with a usb dongle all the time. Thanks!

What thread are you reading? Read the very first page and this is the one you're looking for...

Sponsored Links
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News