Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by racer0018 View Post
    You have to install the payload different from the custom firmware. Here is the payload to install. Install it and under where the game managers are there will be the hermes payload you have to load each time in order to use the managers. Thanks.
    Hello, this may seem a stupid question but can i just use this on my non jailbroken ps3 firm 3.41 and use this instead of my iphone, because every time i have to hard reboot ps3 my iphone has run out of battery (annoying lol ) ?

You dont need to jailbreak the ps3 to install and you will never need to hook the iphone up again to jailbreak the ps3 again. With this it does it all for you. Thanks It will act just LIKE a ps3 that has been jailbreaked.

You will also not have to press power and then eject again. Just power and you install the payload after each reset and you are good to go. Thanks.
    Last edited by racer0018; 01-23-2011 at 09:55 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by needps3asap View Post
    Hello, this may seem a stupid question but can i just use this on my non jailbroken ps3 firm 3.41 and use this instead of my iphone, because every time i have to hard reboot ps3 my iphone has run out of battery (annoying lol ) ?
    Yes, you can use this on your non Jailbroken PS3 3.41. Everything works fine. With this custom firm you don't need to use your Iphone no more. Everytime that you turn on or restar your PS3 you need to run the app called payloadhv4.pkg and then your favorite manager & whatever game you want

cheers for the replies, i get that it can be done with the CFW

what i meant to ask was does the Payload PKG work on official firmware , ie signed so that i don't have to install any CFW or use the iphone again ?

Thumbs Up

I think it should work if it is signed. Go ahead and give it a try and see if it works. If it does work let me know and share the signed Payload lol

installed pkg under normal jb status , powered off/on and the hermes pkg is alrady signed so it ran on OFW but it doesn't inject the payload so no go on the idea.

this is what i want rather that CFW , multiman runs on OFW so does this pkg so someone needs to combine them and then it's the icing on the cake for SONY!!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Briqhtfame View Post
    Everytime that you turn on or restar your PS3 you need to run the app called payloadhv4.pkg and then your favorite manager & whatever game you want
    Here is the payload v1.01 update from Hermes with source code: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_cfw-3-41-hermes-version-payload-update-v1-01_1559988
    - Install the package payloadhv4.pkg

- Run "Payload - Hermes V4C" every time you turn the console

- If you run it by holding 'X' you enter a menu with the following options

1) XMB Debug -> Sale with debug options (/ app_home/PS3GAME)

2) Retail XMB -> Exit with the standard options (like when you turn the console, but with patches)

3) UnMountDevices -> removed all redirects (syscall 36, redirect to / app_home/PS3GAME, etc)
    I will update the first post to include this now as well.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Here is the payload v1.01 update from Hermes with source code: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_cfw-3-41-hermes-version-payload-update-v1-01_1559988

I will update the first post to include this now as well.
    Thank you very much mate . Yes, you should include this in the first post.

i tried to downgrade from 3.55, now seems as if my fw is corrupt, when i boot my ps3 it asks for media with update 3.56, i've tried using 3.41 ofw and modded 3.41 but nothing... someone help!

Thumbs Up

Try to install the modded 3.41 via the Recovery menu.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast