Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator Ported to PS3 via PSL1ght v2

Following up on the Stella multi-platform Atari 2600 VCS Emulator and PS3 Custom Firmware ports, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Rtype has made available a http://hatari.tuxfamily.org/ v1.6.1 DBG Atari ST / STE / TT / Falcon Emulator port for PS3 using the PSL1ght v2 homwbrew SDK.

Download: Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator PS3 Port / Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator PS3 Port (Mirror) / Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator PS3 Port (Source Code)

From the included ReadMe File, to quote:

What?: A quick port of hatari 1.6.1 to ps3 using PSL1GHTV2.
    Why ?: Because I like old atari computer
    Who ?: Rtype

So far, I've only compil the lastest hatari src (1.6.1) with psl1ghtv2 (SDL used) and I only make few hacks to done it work (a little).
    So don't expect too much... All the credit to the HATARI TEAM and to the PS3Dev team.

Know Problems:
    • Works only with a keyboard & a mouse cnx to the PS3 !
    • Some pb with SDL1.2 hatari code (ex: code Keysym 1.2 different from 1.3) so I make quick dirty hack , not all the keys are working and it's seem to break a lot keyrepeat.
    • Hatari & sdlgui use partial screen update , and PS3 SDL don't have hardware cursor code , so I make another quick & very bad hack to show something we can call a mouse pointer (hum I know it's a square) and force the gui redraw , this make the gui very bad and slow, and there is a big lag between mouse action and screen update. Apologize for this.
    • In fullscreen mode Gui seem not working correctly so change to desktop mode if needed.
    • XMB seem to freeze PS3 when calling from home button so exit from the gui or AltGr-Q combo.
    • I've not tested all the option , just few games , so maybe other pb around...

Sorry for all this problems but i hope you enjoy anyway (I mean Atari lovers ) some old good games.

Quick Install & Start:
    • Create somes dir in /dev_hdd0/: /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/ and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/TOS/ and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/CONF/
    • Put a valid tos named "rom" in: /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/TOS/
    • Put some ST/MSA dsk in: /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/
    • Install the pkg.

Ingame Controls:
    • Works only with a keyboard & a mouse !
    • Joystick: LSTICK = JOY MOVE, CROSS = Button 1, SQUARE = Button 2

Added the file I modified to build the PS3 release, as you can see it's a quick bad minimal hack to build a PS3 release. I'm sure some other DEV can do a better\proper port, and find a "good way" to convert SDL1.2 key to 1.3, fix GUI lag and fix the XMB bug.

Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator Ported to PS3 via PSL1ght v2

More PlayStation 3 News...

Thumbs Up

Cheers for the news HeyManHRU, +Rep and I have now promoted it to the main page as well!

Good job, though I wish homebrew like this was more prevalent and appreciated in this scene.

maybe name it something else... like the RIP, lol... since most people only care about the games.

Great news! Perhaps soon time to fire up a game of MULE?

Quote Originally Posted by condorstrike View Post
    Good job, though I wish homebrew like this was more prevalent and appreciated in this scene.

maybe name it something else... like the RIP, lol... since most people only care about the games.
    Well I apreciate this kind of stuff. great job!!

Thanks