Guide: PS3 / PSP Remote Play on Non-Remote Play Games
At first I thought games that weren't remote play enabled probably ran really slow and lagged terribly.
I was wrong, the first game I tried this on was Killzone 2 and it ran surprisingly well no audio lag, buttons were responsive, and the video was smooth without any hiccups.
1. Dump any game of your choice to your hdd
2. Install Ps3 FTP and launch it
3. Connect via ftp and navigate to your hdd folder then to games -> LAUN12345 -> GAMEZ -> YOUR GAME ID -> PS3_GAME
4. Now copy PARAM.SFO and make a backup of it just in case
5. Download SFO Editor open the sfo and check "enable remote play"
6. Save it and then open up the FTP and transfer the modded sfo back into the PS3_GAME folder.
7. Now connect your psp in remote play and enjoy.
Kudos to theblacksheep for discovering this.
Update: I tested this using the pc remote play and it didn't work, only seems to be working on the psp.
I approved this since it mentions PS3 FTP which is recent, although editing SFO's is definitely not anything new so I guess those who need a guide now have one.
It was definitely worth mentioning for those who haven't heard of it. I'm actually surprised that there aren't more comments.
It's worth mentioning that remote play can be far smoother if sound is disabled or played through the PS3 instead of the PSP. If you have wireless headphones and you're in range you can just output the sound to that from your PS3 and play on your PSP. The only down side with that is that most wireless headphones just outright stink when it comes to sound quality.
Most people wouldn't be doing such a thing if they're that close to their PS3 anyway, but it comes in handy during rare cases.