Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Guide: PS3 / PSP Remote Play on Non-Remote Play Games

Sponsored Links
    At first I thought games that weren't remote play enabled probably ran really slow and lagged terribly.

I was wrong, the first game I tried this on was Killzone 2 and it ran surprisingly well no audio lag, buttons were responsive, and the video was smooth without any hiccups.

How to:

1. Dump any game of your choice to your hdd
    2. Install Ps3 FTP and launch it
    3. Connect via ftp and navigate to your hdd folder then to games -> LAUN12345 -> GAMEZ -> YOUR GAME ID -> PS3_GAME
    4. Now copy PARAM.SFO and make a backup of it just in case
    5. Download SFO Editor open the sfo and check "enable remote play"
    6. Save it and then open up the FTP and transfer the modded sfo back into the PS3_GAME folder.
    7. Now connect your psp in remote play and enjoy.

Kudos to theblacksheep for discovering this.

Update: I tested this using the pc remote play and it didn't work, only seems to be working on the psp.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I approved this since it mentions PS3 FTP which is recent, although editing SFO's is definitely not anything new so I guess those who need a guide now have one.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I approved this since it mentions PS3 FTP which is recent, although editing SFO's is definitely not anything new so I guess those who need a guide now have one.
    It was definitely worth mentioning for those who haven't heard of it. I'm actually surprised that there aren't more comments.

It's worth mentioning that remote play can be far smoother if sound is disabled or played through the PS3 instead of the PSP. If you have wireless headphones and you're in range you can just output the sound to that from your PS3 and play on your PSP. The only down side with that is that most wireless headphones just outright stink when it comes to sound quality.

Most people wouldn't be doing such a thing if they're that close to their PS3 anyway, but it comes in handy during rare cases.

Thanks for the added info Neo Cyrus... can't say I've ever used it myself but knowing is half the battle, eh?

lmao... i never thought of enabling remote play on games, i forgot it even existed.

thanx for the reminder, gives me something to do on the test now.

That's great news! Once again thanx to all the hackers and devs that made this scene possible.

I can play call of duty on psp

The psp port of psgroove can't come any sooner now lol, It makes you wonder why Sony didn't just make it universal themselves if its that easy.

this is very nice indeed..

Everytime I save the file and open it again, the option has been removed? Can't play on the PS3 either... any one else have this problem?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News