Normally we don't cover MAC stuff, however, today Marcello
from http://www.pensieridigitali.com/2010/10/24/upgrade-psgroove-ps3break-with-mac-osx-at90usb162/?lang=en (lupin4
on our site) let us know he has made available a guide detailing how to upgrade PS3Break firmware via MAC OSX (AT90USB162) for PS3 JailBreak users.
To quote: This procedure has been tested only with PS3Break 1.0 key (atmel chip) and do not guarantee that work with other key (in theory just change some parameters). How to flash a PS3Break 1.0 with MAC OSX:
New method (thanks to ScotthishCpt
) with this procedure you do not install anything because ScotthishCpt built a self-contained SDK, and when you're done, just unmount the disk image without trace or driver in the system.
1) Download from HERE
the modified version of Avr8_sdk.
2) Double click on (AVR8_SDK.dmg) and mount the volume (avr8_sdk).
3) Browse to Applications directory in the volume.
4) Launch SDK TERMINAL.
5) At this time insert the PS3Break key in the usb port in DFU mode (click the upgrade button immediately after it's inserted).
6) If the key is correctly in DFU mode the green light should be off, you can check it by opening system profile -> USB. you should have a windows like this (AT90USB162 DFU).
7) Now download the latest firmware (PS3Break or PSGroove per AT90USB162) and copy for convenience in the ROOT of the MAC
, and rename it flash.hex (otherwise you should change the path with teminal command CD and the name in the command below).
Check DFU bootloader with this command: dfu-programmer at90usb162 get
If the response is [ Bootloader Version: 0x05 (5) ] is all ok
9) erase the key: dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase
if everything is ok no reponse
10) flash with new firmware with this command: dfu-programmer at90usb162 flash /flash.hex
That's all you have a new PS3Break!
More PlayStation 3 News