Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 85



  1. #31
    Senior Member Mantagtj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    294
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    interesting news, my ps3 has a 350gb hd so this ain't too exciting for me
    500GB , but its like WBFS really when we had to format a wii drive in mac format, I cannot remember what type of format (smoke too much) but would this work instead of ntfs?

    Just a suggestion...

  2. #32
    Registered User crbsk8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by iced8 View Post
    Same here. Seems like the program just reads the file but never physically extracts it to the hdd. (win xp, with latest .net framework) hmmm...
    That's because it extracts the files into your default cmd prompt location. Like for me it's "C:\Documents and Settings\Chris".

    To find your location; start > run > cmd and whatever location the window says is where the extracted PSARC files are located.

  3. #33
    Senior Member GrandpaHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,316
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    Just an idea... Why not use the PS3 to format the external hdd? If you insert a new hdd into the PS3, the PS3 formats the drive into UFS2 (I think). This file system obviously allows files larger than 4GB. If you remove the drive and put it into an external hdd casing, connect it to the USB ports then theoretically it should be able to read the drive. But it doesn't for some reason. Now if that reason can be targetted and resolved, we would not have to worry about large files on the external drives.
    Sadly - this is not possible - PS3 will not read internal format of hard drive as external.

  4. #34
    Registered User dante wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4
    this is great news, I wounder would this work on the PS3 HDD I only ask because I moved a game (Uncharted II as a matter of fact) to the PS3 and this file in question would always be smaller when it reached the PS3 (not sure if thats normal) the game worked fine but I don't know for how long.

  5. #35
    Senior Member GrandpaHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by dante wesley View Post
    this is great news, I wounder would this work on the PS3 HDD I only ask because I moved a game (Uncharted II as a matter of fact) to the PS3 and this file in question would always be smaller when it reached the PS3 (not sure if thats normal) the game worked fine but I don't know for how long.
    This is just bug in FTP software showing the incorrect file sizes for larger files

  6. #36
    Registered User iced8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs Up

    Quote Originally Posted by crbsk8er View Post
    That's because it extracts the files into your default cmd prompt location. Like for me it's "C:\Documents and Settings\Chris".

    To find your location; start > run > cmd and whatever location the window says is where the extracted PSARC files are located.
    Thanks man, what you said was true.

  7. #37
    Contributor ahasverus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    63
    Will this be useful in Final Fantasy 13 ? I guess not because the +4GB file in ff13 is a video.

    Somebody with this game can confirm ?

  8. #38
    Registered User TeamKidneyBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    I've created a Gui to do this automatically, and recompiled to use .Net 2 rather than .Net 4

    It's still untested as im awaiting my JB device, but in theory should work!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #39
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,820
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamKidneyBean View Post
    I've created a Gui to do this automatically, and recompiled to use .Net 2 rather than .Net 4
    Thanks TeamKidneyBean, I added it to the first post now and +Rep!

  10. #40
    Contributor Shabang22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamKidneyBean View Post
    I've created a Gui to do this automatically, and recompiled to use .Net 2 rather than .Net 4

    It's still untested as im awaiting my JB device, but in theory should work!
    Fantastic job. However, you've made it so that the program only recognises '.parc' files, not '.psarc' files.

    Simple coding typo, looking forward to seeing it fixed in the next revision.

    Cheers!

 

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News