Sponsored Links
    Not working with Motorstorm 2

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    error: "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    bj729 as the first comments download the latest .NET Framework

Doesn't work for Resistance: Fall of Man. Extracted game.psarc file (~6GB), extracted as "game" folder with ~11GB's of files. Crashes PS3 after XMB.

Still, this is a good idea for games that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by buddie ro View Post
    ok guys i dragged the file onto the program and it showed the process but when it was done i didn't see any folder just the same file i had before. need help..
    Same here. Seems like the program just reads the file but never physically extracts it to the hdd. (win xp, with latest .net framework) hmmm...

original source news: eurasia.nu/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=viewtopic& topic=6009&forum=87

author psarc extractor: forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4979

you can format any hard disk drive like 1TB in fat32 if you are running Mac os.i used mine like that and copy all games 4gb+ via firewire800/400 iMac.

(sorry for my english)

Quote Originally Posted by chrrox View Post
    Ps this tool was taken from xentax.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerius View Post
    original source news: eurasia.nu/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=viewtopic& topic=6009&forum=87

author psarc extractor: forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4979
    Well, at least people know now... apparently inf1 neglected to mention either so most places (including here) reported him as being the source.

Well it works, I used this to play tekken 6 and uncharted 2, though tekken 6 got some STUPIDLY long loadtimes, uncharted 2 worked perfectly.

Not sure but it seems like a coding problem in tekken 6, it just seemed like it was just sitting there doing nothing most of the time (my thought was maybe it waits for some kind of timeout, or maybe it just searches through the entire drive to find the file)

It wasn't particularly playable at least imo when it comes to tekken6.. No doubt it's a step forward at least as it will work on some games.

Lightbulb

Just an idea... Why not use the PS3 to format the external hdd? If you insert a new hdd into the PS3, the PS3 formats the drive into UFS2 (I think). This file system obviously allows files larger than 4GB. If you remove the drive and put it into an external hdd casing, connect it to the USB ports then theoretically it should be able to read the drive. But it doesn't for some reason. Now if that reason can be targetted and resolved, we would not have to worry about large files on the external drives.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News