Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Guide: How to Compile PSFreedom's Payloads with Ubuntu 10.10

Sponsored Links
    Over the weekend Klutsh [Register or Login to view links] a simple guide on how to compile PSFreedom's payloads with Ubuntu 10.10.

He states this is for the payloads only and is independent of devices, and his next guide will cover compiling the kernel and the kernel module which are device dependant.

Below is the guide, to quote:

Here's a real quick guide on getting Ubuntu 10.10 ready to compile the PSFreedom payloads.

Prerequisites:

- A Working install of [Register or Login to view links]

The Guide:

First thing we need to do is install some applications through apt, so open a terminal and do the following:

[Register or Login to view code]

Now we need to clone PSFreedom from github to our local PC, pull it's submodules and get the toolchain installed

Now go get a Coffee/sleep, installing the toolchain can take a few hours (6-7 hours if you are running Ubuntu in a Virtual PC)

Ok, so you have had your Coffee or sleep and you have the toolchain installed & PSFreedom cloned to your home directory, the hard part is over.

Now you need to edit your .bashrc file:

Add the following line to the end of the file:

To compile PSFreedom's payloads is simple now, open a terminal and do the following:

That's it, you can now find the payload .bin files in the PSFreedom/pl3 folder.

Guide: How to Compile PSFreedom's Payloads with Ubuntu 10.10

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My ps3 (fw 3.41) fat 60gb to 500gb Hitachi Travelstar 7K500.B HDD 2.5", 500GB, SATA, 16MB, 7200rpm working or no?

help thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you will need to have a jailbreak device of your choice and be on FIRMWARE 3.41 or BELOW... then you can run the homebrew that the jailbreak device works with, also you will need to have it compiled correctly.

ShummyR

shummyr rep+

Thanks info

Alternative psfmod (PSFreedom) payloads can be found here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=24512

An alternative if you don't want to compile it yourself.

i get this:

everything went smooth untill i tryed to "make". where in the bash file do i put "export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/ps3dev/ppu/bin/ "? i put it after all the text.its the only thing i could have done wrong.

Looks like you didn't restart the terminal window after you edited the bashrc file. Close the terminal window and reopen it and try again...

Also, the export PATH=$(blah,blah,blah).... goes at the very end of the file.

You can press the Control Key + End Key...to go to the end in gedit... it goes there.
    Last edited by datalogger; 11-08-2010 at 11:27 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News