Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is there a way i can test your prog?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaxx View Post
    Is there a way i can test your prog?
    I'm hoping to release a version tonight (I'm EST) - it will depend how much I get done.

I'm only getting a few hours a night to work/test it.

I want to test it on another machine (my laptop) before putting it out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Tip of the night: Backup your code before making major changes -- this includes cleaning up icons.

I lost 3+ hrs tonight to "recovering" to a backup from yesterday. Here's the update I promised...

This is being released as a "beta" - I've tested it on 2 machines with no issues but I am in no way saying it's perfect. It was tested using wired and wireless connections with no issues.

This version is missing a few things:
    • No file management - no move, copy or delete
    • Genre is not completely working yet

Both of those will be completed by the end of the weekend. I've tested the functionality I just haven't fully implemented it into the code yet.

The install requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile - the program will attempt to download it for you. It might require a reboot too.

When it boots the first time it's going to ask you to set up the the IP address for your PS3. You should then go to "Settings" and setup any local drives/folders that contain games. Scan the system...

Please give me feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by namdlo View Post
    Here's the update I promised...
    Thanks namdlo, I have added it to the first post and +Rep as well!

Please give me feedback!
    Really wish I could, my dog ate my crossover cable

I like what you doing here I love the WBFS Manager for Wii and this is looking like a great version for the PS3 so keep up the good work.

NOTE: I'm having issues running this with the new FTP 10b server - I'll have to research more tomorrow.

who needs sleep -- pleanty of time to sleep when I die...

I think I found the issue... my program is running too fast for the new FTP software... it's changing directories so quickly that it's causing the server to respond with an "unable to change directory".

I'll have to look into slowing the program down.
    Last edited by namdlo; 09-24-2010 at 04:03 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Due to illness and a lack of interest in the this project I've slowed down but I haven't given up.

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to work out the differences between the original CJPC version and the new BlackBox version. I've been getting better results with the Blackbox version so I've decided to go down that path.

I had to completely re-write the FTP portion of the code with this decision. Rather than break my existing code I wrote a seperate program to handle the FTP - now I just need to integrate it into the original.

I also took some time to work on the interface - I really need to just get a finalize version done and then worry about how it looks... and yes - I have changed the color scheme.

My boss is in town all week so I'm not sure when I'll get it completed but it doesn't appear that there is much interest in this project anyways.

I'm including a screen shot of the FTP directory copy in progress - as you can see I'm getting almost 30mb/sec with my new code.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

FTP-screen.png  

I also took some time to work on the interface - I really need to just get a finalize version done and then worry about how it looks... and yes - I have changed the color scheme.

My boss is in town all week so I'm not sure when I'll get it completed but it doesn't appear that there is much interest in this project anyways.

I'm including a screen shot of the FTP directory copy in progress - as you can see I'm getting almost 30mb/sec with my new code.
    Nice, I like the speedo hehe!

I hear ya about the lack of interest though, with so much coming out it seems like each release gets about a day's worth of attention and then people move on to the "next greatest thing" unfortunately.

The best advice I can offer is to work on it when time and desire permit, and as it progresses hopefully people will simply find themselves using it more often and word will spread from there.

Lightbulb

Is possible to implement network function to play JB game from external HDD attached to network ? I have 1GB network at home, my external NAS speed is about 70MB/sec (which is about 3 times faster than USB hdd). Is possible to use NAS to store JB games by using map disk / mount feature ?

(NAS - Network Attached Storage = a disk which is connected directly to network, for example Synology 209 (use google))

there are multiple advantages of using NAS:

a) speed - the speed is minimum 3 times faster than USB2.0 harddrive (my standard speed is about 70MB/sec)
    b) max file size - the connecting to NAS you dont need to solve the 4GB file problem, the NAS system is taking care over it, you can just the backup your game, no more space error
    c) capacity - the NAS can have capacity over 512GB which is FAT32 limit, you dont care about to have 4TB storage for your PS3 (movies/pictures/music/games and other stuff? , wait ? what other stuff ? )
    d) sharing - do you have 2 PS3's at home, NAS dont care, connect multiple PS3 to your storage
    e) NAS is not USB - you dont need to remove anything from your PS3 before JB. Just turn it on and activate JB, then run the Backup Manager with NAS support (which is my dream yet)

PS3 has 10/100/1000 lan port

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News