Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation Graf Chokolo's House Raided, PS3 HV Bible Out & Hackers Hiding

Sponsored Links
    Update: PS3 hacker Graf Chokolo's house has now been raided a second time according to court documents and a post on his blog which states, to quote: "SONY was at my home today again, with a new TRO against me. They took my whole equipment again and told me to stop my OtherOS project or else Ö. , guys.

They definitely do not want OtherOS back on PS3. They want me to take down all my OtherOS and PS3 utils. Make sure to clone all my GIT repositories. I donít think you want me to stop, guys, do you ? Tell me what you think.

To give up would mean for me to betray my principles guys, so, the next question is what is more worth to me, my life or my principles. Keep my principles and destroy my life or to trample on my principles and save my life ? Most of you know only my work and donít really know my personality, the guy who stands behind graf_chokolo. Iím proud how my parents brought me up, they tought to me to fight for my principles and what is right. To be a man of principles is not an easy task."

Today German police raided Graf Chokolo's house, and as a result he released his PS3 Hypervisor Bible while other PS3 hackers including Mathieulh are now removing access to their PlayStation 3 hacking work and Twitter accounts on the Internet and going into hiding.

[Register or Login to view links] has confirmed that a Sony representative was indeed present during the raid.

Below is a summary of today's events thus far from PSX-Scene:

It seems Sony is not happy with the long process of using American civil courts to fight off the PS3 hackers, and have decided to step up the war game to the next level, and have now got the German police on their side to raid early this morning graf_chokolo's home and take all his computers!

The following is some of the quotes taken from [Register or Login to view links]:

Originally Posted by graf_chokolo - February 23, 2011 at 11:52 am
    Guys, SONY was today at my home with police and got all my stuff and accounts. So be careful from now on.

Originally Posted by graf_chokolo - February 23, 2011 at 12:26 pm
    Guys, i donít joke, itís serious. And to prove it, i kept my word and uploaded all my HV reversing stuff. Upload it everywhere so SONY couldnít remove it easily. Grab it guys, it contains lots of knowledge about HV and HV procs.

Here is my HV bible: [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links], [Register or Login to view links] <- Coolstuff.rar [164mb]

Originally Posted by graf_chokolo - February 23, 2011 at 12:51 pm
    IDA database is the documentation, it contains all my knowledge, Linux booting is also there. It contains all the code i used to patch HV 3.41 and boot Linux. So, PS3 devs, grab it and continue my work. It contains just everything i know about HV, storage devices and so on.

Originally Posted by mecenefeaa - February 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm
    this is not a scam i emailed graf and he confirmed the posts, and said not to email him anymore, it just seems like a scam due to the way things are playing out, but i swear its 100% not a scam as far as i know

Originally Posted by mecenefeaa - February 23, 2011 at 1:26 pm
    I can say with 99.9999999% percent positivity that its legit, thanks graf (:

Originally Posted by mecenefeaa - February 23, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    yea only admins like me and graf and dukio can (: and i extracted only like a fourth of the 165 megabyte rar and its lvl1, lvl2, and hv dumping and reversing for 3.15, 3.41 and 3.55 are there, theres more that ill look at later today when i get home, thanks graf (:

Originally Posted by mecenefeaa - February 23, 2011 at 1:49 pm
    me too EVERYONE DOWNLOAD so even if Sony removes the files they will still be everywere and so we can reupload! spread it like the keys!!

On the eve of more possible "european raids" now that Sony's war machine is on the move, this just in:

Originally Posted by mathieulh
    The ps3wiki is going down (I don't want to be arbitrarily raided by sony) This twitter is also not going to be active anymore.

Sadly, another wealth of PS3 information has disappeared from the 'net, here is what one of the PS3 wiki developers had to say in regard to this matter:

Originally Posted by kdsbest
    thinking about selling my ps3 and buying an xbox.. i am an xna developer anyway so this thing helps me more. Sony ripped!

Original Now History Site: [Register or Login to view links]

News Source: Mathieulh on Twitter

From IRC: Mathieulh: [Register or Login to view links] is likely going to replace the ps3wiki

Finally, from Dukio (linked above): I donít know how to say this but graf_chokolo, the man who contributed a lot to the scene has recently been caught off by Sony and the Police. They went to his house to grab all his accounts and stuff, yeah could be anything related to his findings on the PS3 security.

He keep his promised though by releasing all his knowledge on the HV reversing. The uploaded files contains his database which is a series of tools for the PS3′s Hypervisor and Hypervisor processes. It will help other devs to reverse engineer the hypervisor of PS3 further. You can find the following (Based on the folders in the archive):
    • Dump LV2 Reversing
    • HV Dump of 3.15 Reversing
    • HV Dump of 3.41 Reversing
    • HV Dump of 3.55 Reversing
    • Payloads

Graf Chokolo's House Raided, PS3 HV Bible Out & Hackers Hiding

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

graf_chokolo Home Raided by German Police

Sponsored Links
    Noted PS3 hacker graf_chokolo has his home raided this morning by the German police. It appears as though warrants were served to seize all of his PC equipment and other PS3 related materials.

He has uploaded all of his work to various sites so that other developers can continue his work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wtf german police? those are the last ones that can say/do anything, they really should shut up.

I didn't know he is German, but good to know anyway. Thumps up for him, that he, as he claimed, published his engineering results to the public. A big and respectful extra "Thanks!" to graf.

Thanks to EiKii and severusx for the news, I have now moved it to the main page and +Rep!

Thumbs Up

Best of luck Graf, be safe.

One day in the far far future people will look back at the actions of these companies and consider them the scum of our time. Not that we already don't consider them scum.

Now things get even more serious. Also the new wiki on lan is not accessible from europe anymore.. dunno if US can.

Greets Modmate

I think it's time for some mob hits on these soulless Sony Execs.

Hmm Sony really seem to be getting heavy handed now. I think its rather OTT of them to be raiding peoples houses for reverse engineering

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News