Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Graf Chokolo Releases a PS3 GameOS VFlash Resizer for Linux

Sponsored Links
    A few weeks passed since his last update, and today PlayStation 3 hacker extraordinaire Graf Chokolo has shared a PS3 GameOS VFlash Resizer for Linux alongside a brief guide!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] by Zarh

To quote: It’s easy to adapt them for 3.55. I uploaded my VFLASH resizer app for GameOS. I need someone who wants to test it.

Make sure you make backup of your HDD first Because after resizing, GameOS will reformat HDD. Contact me for instructions Thanks

Here are diffs for 3.55 which were provided by a PS3 Linux fan which got it working on 3.55. Thanks a lot man

[Register or Login to view links]

diff common/source/lv1_hvcall.c common/source/lv1_hvcall.c.3.41

27c27

* lv2 syscall 811 (3.55)
    * lv2 syscall 615 (3.41)

29c29

#define _LV2_SYSCALL_HVCALL_ADDR 0x8000000000195540ULL
    #define _LV2_SYSCALL_HVCALL_ADDR 0x8000000000295f24ull

diff common/source/hvcall.S common/source/hvcall.S.3.41

73c73

#define LV1_HVCALL(name, in, out, num) LV1_##in##_IN_##out##_OUT(_lv1_##name, 811)
    #define LV1_HVCALL(name, in, out, num) LV1_##in##_IN_##out##_OUT(_lv1_##name, 615)

Additionally, to make install_otheros_bootloader_loader work on 3.55, you have to change this line in install_otheros_bootloader_loader/source/main.c

#define LOG2_PAGE_SIZE_OFFSET (0x000a5dd0ull + 0x1b0ull)

to this line

#define LOG2_PAGE_SIZE_OFFSET (0x000a7dd0ull + 0x1b0ull)

linus says: I tested VFLASH resizer on 3.55. It works

After installed and rebooted I was asked to format the HDD. Now I have a nice 40GB for my linux Hahahahahah so happy.

Next step install_otheros_bootloader_loader.

user says: Hi graf_chokolo,

Yesterday, I have tested your new otheros-utils GameOS applications. I follow the steps according to your documentation in ps3devwiki and blog.

Now I’m on cfw 3.41 HV thanks to you, vflash5 and vlash7 resized. I run the petitboot installer with the dtbImage.ps3.bin at the root of my USB key, with vmlinux and vmlinux.elf too.

I run the other ‘install_otheros_bootloader_loader’ too. Everything gone fine, no brick, no date lost, no need dongle anymore thanks to your cfw 3.41 HV.

BUT, how I can access to petitboot, it’s installed, but i can’t launch it Any application in order to do this ? Or maybe i have to run vmlinux.elf.

Thank you very much for your hard work.

graf_chokolo says: How did you resize VFLASH 5 and installed petitboot there ? I didn’t post any instructions yet

First run “Install OtherOS Bootloader Loader” and then “Panic 1″ to boot petitboot.

Here is a petitboot image I use (in case someone wants it): [Register or Login to view links]

user says: I follow these steps:

1) delete_vflash5
    2) create_vflash5
    3) delete_vflash7
    4) create_vlflash7
    5) install_petitboot_on_vflash5 ( with dtbImage.ps3.bin, vmlinux and vmlinux.elf at the root of the USB key )
    6) install_otheros_bootloader_loader

And it work fine now I’m on cfw 3.41 HV (no need dongle anymore).
    Thanks for the tips. I compiled petitboot just fine too, with your instructions in ‘ps3_petitboot_howto’

I’m going to launch petitboot right now. I’ll be back with feedback

graf_chokolo says: You did almost everything right, how did you know ? I didn’t tell anyone how to do it yet.

You have to resize VFLASH with resize_vflash before creating VFLASH region 7 or else it will be only 16MB :-/ I set my VFLASH size to 40GB, you can change the size in resize_vflash/source/main.c.

BTW, you need only dtbImage.ps3.bin on USB in order to install petitboot. And it cannot be larger than (04000 – 02) sectors else my app won’t install it.

You need a patched HV call 114. OFW 3.41 doesn’t allow you to map HV memory into GameOS address space, that’s the problem. I need this HV call so i can replace GameOS bootloader with my own.

euss says: PS3MFW LV1 patch (Option –patch-lv1-mmap: Allow mapping of any memory area [Needed for LV2 Poke]) can be used without problems on 3.55, 3.50, 3.42, 3.41, 3.40, 3.30, 3.21, 3.15, 3.10. The LV1 patch fails as expected on 3.01 and earlier and ofcourse on 3.56 and higher (both tested with PS3MFW v.01 and v.02).

After the prepatched MFW is installed, there should be no problem using HV rights.

user says: I’m back !

debug informations:

main:50: start
    main:53: OtherOS bootloader loader size (000000217)
    main:61: patching log2 page size
    main:65: patching sll load lv2
    main:69: end
    main:33: start
    main:35: end

So, as you can see, everything work just, I’m running on petitboot right now, thanks to you graf_chokolo. Now I can boot GNU/Linux and install it in the internal hdd.

Finally, from Zarh comes a PS3 HDD vFlash Keys Gen tool with details below, as follows:

Hi, thanks, for ur works guys. Here is a little soft to gen directly vflash and hdd keys files from the eid_root_key, i hated cygwin dll for Windows users.

Graf Chokolo Releases a PS3 GameOS VFlash Resizer for Linux

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is great news, I love all the stuff this guy is doing

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I say: That is awesome!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News