Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xxLindenxx View Post
    after reading the comments, i can understand why he left. He still gave us a lot of stuff so even if he has a huuuuge ego, we probably should still thank or at least stop whining about him.
    While I agree with the ego part, I can't say I'd agree with community comments determining an individual adult's actions.

I'm sure GeoHot was fully aware when he got involved in hobbies including the iPhone and PS3 that there would be great demands from the community on him to produce and update once he exhibited the talent to do so.

It's common sense and expected by most, and there is definitely nothing wrong with that as those who choose to partake in hobbies do so for their own pleasure and satisfaction.

If GeoHot determines he no longer enjoys it, that decision is his but should certainly not be "blamed" on the rest of the community who still wish to enthusiastically engage in the hobby.

That said, blaming a community in my opinion is just a cop-out for one's self already making the decision that they no longer enjoy what they are doing... and if that is the case, he may as well just use any excuse or none at all when he left.

For all we know, GeoHot's real life became more important than e-fame finally and he just needed to jump the ship, or the shark perhaps. Maybe he got a steady girlfriend or a decent job offer which requires time commitments as a result of his schooling or making a name for himself. Whatever it was, he definitely made the final decision himself.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well in my opinion he did good for the iPhone jailbreaking scene.

As for the PS3 he screwed it up for everyone. All he did was make Sony remove OtherOS and he did nothing for the people. Thanks for nothing with the PS3.

It would've been better if he did it quietly and said nothing. We would now still have OtherOS and he could've done more with his hack.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When you make yourself that easy to contact what do you expect? He could have easily cut out all of that if he wanted to. he didn't

Well if he was loyal to the ps3 scene at least he should have leaked the lvl2 and metldr dumps to the public so others hackers can continue working on them, but as he didn't leak anything either he didnt have full dumps and he was just bluffing or his ego once again got in the way.

He could now also go underground and leak stuff easier if he wishes but I figure he is an attention whore so lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    Well in my opinion he did good for the iPhone jailbreaking scene.

As for the PS3 he screwed it up for everyone. All he did was make Sony remove OtherOS and he did nothing for the people. Thanks for nothing with the PS3.

It would've been better if he did it quietly and said nothing. We would now still have OtherOS and he could've done more with his hack.
    Exactly. He messed up BIG time when he announced that he had managed to find an exploit via the PS3's OtherOS. All that trouble, if any of you recall, with Sony going suddenly desperate to close this apparent exploit. PSN was blocked unless you upgraded beyond 3.15 and left many many dirt trails and lawsuits on Sony from disgruntled PS3 owners. I have myself not upgraded from 3.15 and i have a PS3 fat which i treasure even more now than OtherOS is not available in PS3 Slim.

GeoHot should have considered if he really could do it, before announcing what he found. That is so disappointing. He should have shared his finds without being such a dick craving for media attention. And i am 100% sure that if he had gone the discreet way, we would all still have OtherOS on our PS3 fat versions and i would still be able to play Killzone2 online.

Damn, i miss that game! I plan to buy a PS3 slim next year when Killzone 3 comes out. I will save my PS3 fat in case a CFW comes out, and even if it takes years, at least i would have saved my PS3 Linux from being obliterated by a FW update.

Thumbs Up

hey guys at least he hacked the damn thing and passed it on so a group is working on something, as he retired his work is still being worked on so there's no reason at all to have a go at him.. overall geohot hasn't done anything wrong in my opinion.

i don't see why people expected things from him... Unless i somehow missed it I always saw him as a person who did it for himself, with no cares of the masses or anyone beyond like 4 or so people... so he could make it so you could boot ISO's, have ps2 emulation on all of them, and 20 other things (in some magical world) and i still doubt he would release anything.

Quote Originally Posted by plains203 View Post
    He could now also go underground and leak stuff easier if he wishes but I figure he is an attention whore so lets see what happens.
    I'm agree. now that is officially retired probably some stuff is coming next months but anyway PS3 is going for 4 years of unpiracy life, this for me make the things uninteresting to all people following the scene and all the people waiting for buy PS3 only if were open

many of these peoples (ALL for me) didn't buy PS3 entertainment system, as far as I know PS1 and PS2 pirated quickly improve the selling rate quite soon on the market with modchip and other stuff that allow to manipulate them, now or is the fate or is a case or is.. who knows... PS3 is closed and the selling rate is really far in compare from the success of the minor sisters (PS1,PS2)... time will tell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Awayze View Post
    It's people that are douches and caused him to stop hacking the iPhone. People who complain and moan are noobs who haven't followed him since 2007 and the first iPhone unlock.
    First off I don't even own an iPhone so your argument is invalid. Second, show me exactly what he did: He came up with a simple (yes, SIMPLE) hardware exploit to dump the RAM, then posted it very hastily without at least dedicating a good bit of time developing it or refining it.

He made empty promises to release this and that, shared what little info he had on the actual exploit so that others could "continue on", yet wouldn't share his supposed Lv2 dump method with those same people.

And by proxy, HE is the reason why I no longer have OtherOS on my phat system. He did it for the ego boost, pure and simple. You may flame me, Awayze, and that's fine. Even idiots are entitled to their opinions. But the point is, he worked on the PS3 for all of less than a month, posted half-ass unusable info, then moved on to the next toy.

Every respectable hacker I've ever known wouldn't be so careless, ignorant or give up so easily. You can continue to suck at his teet til your heart's content. But the plain and simple fact is, he was a charlatan. A snake oil saleman. Thats it. Good riddance.

I only hope someone decides to class action his ass for furthering Sony's agenda and causing us to lose OtherOS on all systems.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News