Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze1988 View Post
    The news just keep coming!
    I wonder who'll be faster: CJPC & Crew who already know a lot, or GeoHot the genius?
    To be honest, it's not about who gets there first - more that it gets done. However, I doubt that Sony was stupid enough to pass any pertinent data over any unencrypted bus... everyone remembers the Xbox!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    To be honest, it's not about who gets there first - more that it gets done. However, I doubt that Sony was stupid enough to pass any pertinent data over any unencrypted bus... everyone remembers the Xbox!
    Ehh, Hes working from scratch, with no one offering their intel on the system he needs to look through every single little byte.

He need all the help and luck he can get, and if CJPC & Crew offered their info on the system im sure we could see homebrew on the ps3 probably before new years, but the world would have to turn perfect before that happens.

Good luck Geohot!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Boy View Post
    He need all the help and luck he can get, and if CJPC & Crew offered their info on the system im sure we could see homebrew on the ps3 probably before new years, but the world would have to turn perfect before that happens.
    We have tried to reach out and help, the last time he was around, but with no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Boy View Post
    Actually that isn't correct at all... the first time GeoHot announced he was getting into PS3 he posted on our Forum HERE, and then CJPC extended an open invitation for him to join the resident PS3 Devs, to quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I just want to clarify- geohot is currently not a member of the PS3News DEV team, we only chatted a few times on IRC generally about the PS3. However, if he is interested, we are extending an invitation to him.
    The truth of the matter is, lead PS3 Devs (including xorloser) spoke with both GeoHot and his superiors from the iPhone hacking scene months ago... and while I won't comment specifically on what was said, I can say that GeoHot is known to be somewhat of a loner who likes to figure things out himself, which likely explains his resistance to get outside help or involved in group collaboration.

For the record though, GeoHot is welcomed to join the PS3 Devs here anytime he wishes... and he'd have access to all the internal materials and resources that come along with the invitation.

In short, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Edit: I see CJPC replied himself while I was writing my own reply... oh well!

Here is crossing my fingers, it would be really nice to see CJPC and Crew be the ones, but either way it goes Props to the ps3news crew and or whoever ends up hacking this beast, here's hoping to a better next year.

Great news indeed!

Heh, Well.. All mighty and noble Geohot wants to find the loophole himself eh? I'm sure someone who conquered the Iphone could do the same for the ps3, but the real question is how long would it take? I'm sure it would take a lot less if he would just grab the info the other teams gathered... But that would make the title "Geohot and friends rule PS3". Guessing he won't settle for that.

that is great news... keep up the good work!!

i`m hoping to hear some good news soon

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Raze1988 View Post
    The news just keep coming!
    I wonder who'll be faster: CJPC & Crew who already know a lot, or GeoHot the genius?
    Mate, I think that's a completely unfair statement. First of all, it's not a competition... We all want ps3 homebrews and that includes both Ps3 News devs and Geohot. Well, for different reasons I guess, Geo for the thrill of it and to prove he is better than sony and the devs for their love of the ps3.

Second, Geohot is good... Very good in fact. But he is just one guy trying to hack all by himself the most secure retail console made by man. And the ps3 dev team also have pretty bright guys too if you ask me. You made it sound like hey, look, the genius versus the stupid team trying to hack the system... That ain't true at all.

Put that aside, besides the fact that I doubt Geo will be able to hack the ps3 all by himself, pehaps he can shed some light at some point the devs have been stuck for years. He is young, bright and have lots of time on his hands. That gives him a plus. And most important of all, he is fresh. Fresh like mint . Since he hasn't been working with the ps3 for all these years he doesn't have all these preconceptions that the exhausted devs do. So pehaps he can do something simple that seemed obviously wrong for the devs (they probably have their reason too) but because of some overlooked detail it just works.

So lets hope for the best
    Good luck Mr. Geo
    Last edited by Preceptor; 12-27-2009 at 03:16 AM Reason: Typo

Good luck to him but lets remember he is but one man, the PS3 is a lot more complicated than an Iphone. Like other people have said it will be nice for someone to take a new perspective on the hacking scene but to those of you who hope to hear something before the new year, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Arrow

For those curious, GeoHot has now shared a little more insight into what his PS3 plans are in his blog comments, to quote:
    George Hotz said...

I'm not really looking for a software hole, hardware isn't patchable and the console world is used to the idea already. Dumping the HV will really just be cool, cause I've done a couple weeks work with it and I want to see the other side.

Other OS boots sans HD, the HD encryption problem will be solved either by reading/modifying the HV or the 7th SPU.

As far as piracy goes, I'm not going to hack any DRM.

And I don't think this'll make CNN.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News