Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    It's still being investigated by the Devs... when I know more we'll post on it in the Site News, I imagine sometime tonight.
    I reopened this thread for those seeking help with the kernel module, but to follow-up on the above quote from earlier today...

We ran out of time, so I never ended up posting it in the news and we're still waiting for an answer from someone on it but for those curious, this is the leak I was referring to, roughly translated: elotrolado.net/hilo_edit-otheros-se-ejecuta-p-otheros-self-en-ps3-slim_1348709_s140
    Incidentally, I take the post because some researchers are gathered here, my crib sent me this and I have no idea what I imagine will be to discuss it with DH, but not with level I am there to do that do it when it comes, but hey, since I am here posteo part of the log to see if it comes fidillo and can enlighten me, thanks.

sys_init: get PsCode sys_init: get PsCode
    entering stand-alone mode. entering stand-alone mode.
    sys_init: get ProductMode sys_init: get ProductMode
    entering factory model entering factory model
    get system paramater get system Paramater
    sys/external sys / external
    CP is available. CP is available.
    DEX: long-push-power-on: going to system-sotware mode. DEX: long-push-power-on: going to system-Sotware mode.
    DEX: long-push-power-on: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DEX: long-push-power-on: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    DEX: non-stand-alone mode: DebugAgent will be invoked. DEX: non-stand-alone mode: DebugAgent will be invoked.
    DEX: entering stand-alone mode. DEX: entering stand-alone mode.
    system software: PS3 console mode system software: PS3 console mode
    special execution mode special execution mode
    system software debugger system software debugger
    system software: s mode (memsize=%ldMB) system software: s mode (memsize =% ldMB)
    internal mode (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) internal mode (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
    usb mass file system mounted. usb mass mounted file system.
    /dev_usb000 / dev_usb000
    2nd_image_writer.self 2nd_image_writer.self
    image writer: process has been launched. image writer: process has been launched.
    cellftp.self cellftp.self
    setmonitor.self setmonitor.self
    monitor.conf monitor.conf
    lv2diag2.self lv2diag2.self
    creating the system software process : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, going to XXXXXXXXX mode. creating the system software process: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, going to XXXXXXXXX mode.
    OK OK
    sys_init: system software process set-up done. sys_init: system set-up software process done.
    sys_init: sys_mutex_create something wrong: 0 sys_init: sys_mutex_create something wrong: 0
    sys/internal sys / internal
    XXX program has been launched from USBMass storage. XXX program has been launched from USBMass storage.
    uinit_app.elf uinit_app.elf
    creating the first user process : XXXXXXXXXXXXXX creating the first user process: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    creating the debug agent : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX creating the debug agent: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    This part was new to the Devs from it: 2nd_image_writer.self

It appears to be a mix of data between an internal mode tool, and a PS3 in service mode. I'm sure when time permits we'll follow-up on it though!

Until then, let's get back on topic with discussion of the sample PS3 Linux isolated SPU loader code!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    i bought my new ps3 some weeks ago, i will not run this code. but i will look, to compile it that people can start it directly.

i am nearly sure that 90% of the people who wanna try it getting stucked on compiling it ^^
    Yeah, that's me. When I try to compile it, I get 35 errors. I guess I need the correct header files? When you compile it, can you upload the executable?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm new in here, I don't understand what geohot's method want to do

i think I'll wait 'till someone release a nice tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Adelin View Post
    I'm new in here, I don't understand what geohot's method want to do

i think I'll wait 'till someone release a nice tutorial
    You don't want to use geohot's exploit. Not even with a nice tutorial. You want to wait until there is a CFW or something else that's more end-user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by proZero View Post
    You don't want to use geohot's exploit. Not even with a nice tutorial. You want to wait until there is a CFW or something else that's more end-user friendly.
    I think, you're right, just wait, it will be better than RUIN my PS3.

well, as matter of fact, I'll wait 'till sony stop making the f/w and release the PS4 , I think maybe 2 years from now, I hope so...

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News